• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Unofficial*** Fawad Alam discussion thread

slowfinger

International Debutant
This is a discussion on Fawad Alam because unofficially I think he is under-rated and unofficially definately up there with the unofficial great finds of Aamer and Umar.

Details here:
FAWAD ALAM

Any official nonsense will not be tolerated and cheesecake.

I thought he needed some more attention and I can't stand all the officialness.

AaronK

State Regular
lol
I will say it unofficially that i agree with u.. he is underrated because he doesn't have such explusive batting style as Umar akmal has.. but I truely believe that in couple of years both fawad and umar would be the backbone of pakistani bating line up in all formate of the game..I don't see any better batsman coming anytime soon from pakistan than these guys..

thierry henry

International Coach
Should be getting a gig for the test side before Manzoor, surely?

Also a vaguely competent fielder, which is a bonus for Pakistan

slowfinger

International Debutant
Should be getting a gig for the test side before Manzoor, surely?

Also a vaguely competent fielder, which is a bonus for Pakistan
Both unofficially. But yes, Manzoor hasn't earned him spot as well as Fawad unoficially and as we saw him countless times he was there at the end of our batting line unoficially against New Zealand.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
This has a lot to do with his city of origin. Karachi......and historically players from Karachi have had a hard time making it to the top level because of the provincial lobbies.....Punjabis can't stand a captain from Karachi and can hardly see a player from their...and vice versa.....why do you think Miandad was betrayed by the players when he was captain? Why do you think Younis has been betrayed? the discrimination and racism is the part of the unofficial reasons why Alam a great find especially for tests in my opinion has not been given the proper chance...

Its all that dirty political games that have plagued Pakistan cricket from the beginning.....i hate it....

Xuhaib

International Coach
not very talented but seems steely an ideal player for a mediocre side who is looking to revive itself on the world stage.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Seems a decent player to me, should be in the test line up tbh but I don't where he would bat. He scored a test ton agaisnt Sri Lanka batting at 3 IIRC.

Xuhaib

International Coach
FFS there is a Pakistan thread created by Fusion don't clatter the forum with these useless threads.

What next ***Unofficial*** Douglas Hondo discussion thread.

slowfinger

International Debutant
FFS there is a Pakistan thread created by Fusion don't clatter the forum with these useless threads.

Chill, I don't tolerate officialness which really bugs me

slowfinger

International Debutant

That wasn't the point the point of the thread, he has saved so many games for pakistan and people like you just belittle him and let talent like this fade FFS.

slowfinger

International Debutant
This. Thread. Is. Coming. Back.

My love for Fawad has led me to bring back this thread. Anyone up for match-by-match analysis of his games?

slowfinger

International Debutant
Fawad's last match:

National Bank of Pakistan v Pakistan International Airlines

Fawad's contribution:

67 from 88 deliveries (crucial innings)

5 overs 0-21 (good spell)

Details here

unam

U19 12th Man
I officially say that he needs to be in Pak ODI and Test team,. but as long as PCB is running by jokers and there are culture issues within the team, players like Fawab Alam won't be part of Pak cricket team. Unfortunately the cultural issues is not only affecting cricket but the whole nation in almost everything.

On a different note, I still believe If Younis Khan was was still captain, Pak would have been much better than they are right now.

salman85

International Debutant
Fawad featured quite regularly under Afridi.I would even go on to say that he was one of Afridi's favorite players.He wanted to take him to the WC,but apparently the selection committee had other ideas,and it's not difficult to see why.

He has played almost 30 ODIs for us,and is yet to cement a place in the team.It's down to nothing but his inability to reproduce his First Class form at the international stage.Also,his strike rate doesn't help matters.With the pace ODIs today are played,Fawad's strike rate is below par.Also,he is physically incapable of hitting the big shots.You can be as good a strike rotater as you want,but you need to be able to play the big shots every now and then.But Fawad just cannot do that.

He would be a decent choice for test matches,but only as a backup to Asad,Azhar,and even Umar.

Fawad Alam is a decent player.But he is by no means the next coming of Bradman as the original post would have you believe.

Last edited:

unam

U19 12th Man
Fawad featured quite regularly under Afridi.I would even go on to say that he was one of Afridi's favorite players.He wanted to take him to the WC,but apparently the selection committee had other ideas,and it's not difficult to see why.

He has played almost 30 ODIs for us,and is yet to cement a place in the team.It's down to nothing but his inability to reproduce his First Class form at the international stage.Also,his strike rate doesn't help matters.With the pace ODIs today are played,Fawad's strike rate is below par.Also,he is physically incapable of hitting the big shots.You can be as good a strike rotater as you want,but you need to be able to play the big shots every now and then.But Fawad just cannot do that.

He would be a decent choice for test matches,but only as a backup to Asad,Azhar,and even Umar.

Fawad Alam is a decent player.But he is by no means the next coming of Bradman as the original post would have you believe.
I think he should play ahead of Azhar and Asad. Pak needs someone in middle order who can rotate strike. I wouldn't mind if misbah comes in at 6-7 and mostly plays as a captain in ODI as long as he can keep players together.

slowfinger

International Debutant

What the HELL are you talking about? Form? Hahahaha he averages 37 in ODI and 41 in tests, how is that not team-worthy? His strike rate is also 73 so how is any of that an issue?!