• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future test 11s

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Hang on, so in 3 years you're expecting these lads to have replaced Chris Gayle, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Dwayne Bravo, Jerome Taylor, Fidel Edwards and Dinesh Ramdin. Seems highly unlikely to me, you've basically dropped the whole current XI bar Barath and Roach. Be like me predicting the England Test XI in 3 years to be:

Alastair Cook
Sam Northeast
James Vince
James Taylor
Ben Stokes
Craig Kieswetter +
Stuart Broad
Adil Rashid
Ajmal Shahzad
Chris Woakes
Stephen Finn

It's not going to happen. Admire your optimism, I've never seen anyone so optimistic about their countries young talent, you seem to believe that anyone that's made a score of over 20 or taken a wicket in Domestic Cricket is going to be a big star.
I said three OR FOUR years time, i'm expecting many of the clowns in the side to be gone by then, i understand why you'd keep faith in Edwards, Ramdin etc but the fact is i believe Holder will be better than Edwards by then, and seeing as Ramdin can't bat to save his life at international level his position is not gonna go unchallenged in the near future, Bravo i take your point but it could be between him and Pollard in the future and the way Pollard is developing i wouldn't bet against him, and Jerome Taylor suffers with injuries so who knows what his future will be,

i just chucked some very talented youngsters together that's all, i did say "i could pick 2 or 3 teams" though so don't just judge me on this list, and please don't misquote me either, i've never said "anyone who makes 20 is gonna be a star", if you mean my praise of a 19 year old wicketkeeper who's got 30 or over in his last 4 innings then yes i'll admit that, but i just think that's decent form for a rookie in his first proper Fc season.

In three or four years time...

Adrian Barath
Kraigg Brathwaite
Kiaran Powell
Darren Bravo
Kyle Corbin/Yannik Carriah
Andre Fletcher/ Shane Dorwich
Kiaron Pollard
Andre Stoll
Kavesh Kantasingh/Jomel Warrican
Jason Holder
Kemar Roach

To be honest i could have done another two sides probably, but if those individuals develop they way i think they will then we're gonna be a frightening prospect to deal with in the future, and i can't wait to see what happens.
So you expect the Windies to be easy beats for at least another 4-7 years.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Pakistan:

2...Malik?
3.Moyo in test but otherwise Malik
4.Rahul Tondulkar
5.Umar Akmal
6.Alam defo
7.Razzaq
8.Aamer
9.Asif
10.Kaneria
11.Gul?
Well if Pakistan is going to take Rahul Tondulkar, can India have Anwar Ali of the U-19 banana swing fame. Where is that guy?