• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The demise of JP...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lack of confidence and some great deliveries (Swann bowled him some absolute pearlers virtually every time he came to the wicket) = bad run

Gotten to the stage where his feet are rooted to the spot and he doesnt know where his off stump is

Give him some domestic cricket and hopefully his talent will allow him to pull himself out of it

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If what I'm hearing about his weakness against off-spin is true, maybe open with him?

He's too good of a talent to be lost to cricket, but he needs time in domestic cricket to work out his weaknesses, or else he'll be the new Bevan/Hick.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hauritz played in the 2nd and 3rd after Krejza was smashed around in the 1st.
Not a major issue but funnily enough I don't really remember Krejza being smashed in said WACA Test, more just milked with considerable ease. The SAfrican batsmen hardly seemed to actually go after him, just tucked millions of leg-side singles and smacked it whenever he dragged it down.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If what I'm hearing about his weakness against off-spin is true, maybe open with him?
Bad solution to a problem. Opening with a middle-order batsman is always a huge risk with much more chance of failure than success, and if you're trying to hide someone from spinners it won't work - captains will just bring them on after 10-15 overs anyway to have a crack at the batsman you're trying to hide.

Only time that might help is with someone like Alec Stewart who was notably better when he was facing spinners after getting his eye in as opposed to starting his innings against spin. With Duminy it doesn't appear to be a case of being a poor starter against spin, just a bit hesitent in general.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Bah, he just needs a little domestic game and he'll be back, because a person who has a handy off-spin aswell as a potential great batsmen in him can't be let go of.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Not a major issue but funnily enough I don't really remember Krejza being smashed in said WACA Test, more just milked with considerable ease. The SAfrican batsmen hardly seemed to actually go after him, just tucked millions of leg-side singles and smacked it whenever he dragged it down.
Well maybe I was exaggerating a tad - he was both milked through the legside (they did not really try to play him through the offside after he bowled Amla through the gate) and blasted over mid/long-on on occassion. Plus, he was also dispatched when he bowled crap - full or short. Krejza lacked the variety and control to prevent this. The upshot was that he went for 4+ runs an over in both innings.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Second year syndrome imo. Hope he comes back. Enjoy watching him play when he's going well (except against us of course).

jboss

Banned
Second year syndrome imo. Hope he comes back. Enjoy watching him play when he's going well (except against us of course).
Absolute hogwash to all JP lovers and SA selectors...

We simply have too many batsmen to let this monkey play any more in our team. The only spot that will change in SA battng line up in the next 11 years is Smith, Boucher and Kallis shen he retires. This JP clown only gets to play coz his skin color is a precious commodity in SA apparently. Can and will Malan play? yes
can and will Elgar play? yes
can and will Rossouw play? yes
can and will vindiar play? yes
can and will Amla play? yes
can and will AB play? yes

I dont see place for him in future SA team. Simply too many saffa batsman in world cricket that they started giving other countries some too. Now we have Prior vs Kieswetter and they not even competing for spot in SA team lolz.