Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Australian 2009/10 international season - how much have you watched?

The Australian 2009/10 international season - how much have you watched?

Noticing the dire crowds for the Aus v WI ODI series, and all the claims that ODIs are dead and T20 will take over, I'm trying to gauge how much interest there has been in terms of viewership on TV. This more geared to Australian posters, but anyone is free to post and comment.
    Last edited by Craig; 19-02-2010 at 02:45 AM. Reason: tried to post a poll
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Watched most of the tests. Watched a bit of each of the ODI's but after the result was obvious i stopped. Will still watch the T20's.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Pretty much everything, for the stuff I've missed I just record it and watch with a fair bit of fast forwarding.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Everything apart from when I was away and bits of the ODIs

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Watched most of the Test series. Watched all of the ODI's.

No different to any other season. Just found 2009/2010 to be one of the most boring summers of cricket in my cricket watching history. I made mention of this in the official tour thread, but you would hardly know the ODI was in Melbourne tonight. Zero hype, zero people care anymore, Nick Jewell made the comment on ABC that the crowd today was Shield esque (in jest).

Bring the good cricket and the crowds and television audience will return.

Didn't watch even a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    Watched most of the Test series. Watched all of the ODI's.

No different to any other season. Just found 2009/2010 to be one of the most boring summers of cricket in my cricket watching history. I made mention of this in the official tour thread, but you would hardly know the ODI was in Melbourne tonight. Zero hype, zero people care anymore, Nick Jewell made the comment on ABC that the crowd today was Shield esque (in jest).

Bring the good cricket and the crowds and television audience will return.
    They really advertised for these games strongly as well. Seen signs up at bus stops everywhere.

Went to two of the WI tests, saw part/all of all the tests (i.e. as much as I could see due to work). Have watched very little of the ODI series. Friday/Sunday nights are not good for me generally speaking, which is why I haven't.

If I had fox sports I'd have been watching the SA/India and Ban/NZ tests instead.

Aussie crowds love cricket, but they also love a contest. If you can't provide both, they won't come. Unfortunately everyone knew that the WI were heavily injured and the backup was dire. There has been more interest in the QLD/VIC game tomorrow from my friends than the ODIs.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Went to two of the WI tests, saw part/all of all the tests (i.e. as much as I could see due to work). Have watched very little of the ODI series. Friday/Sunday nights are not good for me generally speaking, which is why I haven't.

If I had fox sports I'd have been watching the SA/India and Ban/NZ tests instead.

Aussie crowds love cricket, but they also love a contest. If you can't provide both, they won't come. Unfortunately everyone knew that the WI were heavily injured and the backup was dire. There has been more interest in the QLD/VIC game tomorrow from my friends than the ODIs.
    They were not shown on Fox Sports. Also India v SA was shown on Setanta Sports.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post

I've always believed that crowd attendance/TV numbers are determined by the expectation of the forthcoming series or match rather than just a contest. The previous Ashes in Australia was huge and heavily watched etc even though Australia managed to wipe England like a dirty ass for the majority of the series.

International Vice-Captain
    Watched tests,kfc cup,watched one dayers altho hard they so boring,same ford ranger cup boring not have watched as many as i could of.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    I watched most of the Pakistan tests (as I was on holidays) Saw what I could of the West Indies test series.

Watched a fair bit of the one dayers.

Don't like 20/20s so don't watch them.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

U19 12th Man
    I watched a lot up until after the first couple of ODI's against Pakistan. It was obvious that Pakistan had gone into meltdown and were not going to provide any sort of competition in the 5 match ODI series. And after all the "injured" West Indian players (those of who have IPL contracts will miraculously get better) pulled out I knew that series was a turkey too.

The summer started off bad with West Indies at the Gabba but after that the 2nd and 3rd test matchs against the West Indies picked up and were quite good and the 1st two tests against Pakistan were quite watchable and enjoyable. But of course as soon as Pakistan imploded in the 2nd test you know that was it for them this summer.

Will watch the Twenty20's though.

Watched as much Test Cricket as possible, and if I wasn't near a TV I had it on the radio or Cricinfo.

The ODIs I've not watched that much, especially the during the week games, even last night I watched the Rugby instead of the Windies chase.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Watched a bit of the Pakistan Tests when I was off, though the overlap with the Eng-SA games meant it was too much of an ask to stay up watching Oz and then get up to watch England. Watched Watto's ton though, fair to say that if I'd never discovered CW then I'd have never bothered

Saw bits and pieces of the ODIs as they are usually at a more Anglo-friendly time. Saw Afridi get the munchies live.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information