• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian 2009/10 international season - how much have you watched?

Craig

World Traveller
Noticing the dire crowds for the Aus v WI ODI series, and all the claims that ODIs are dead and T20 will take over, I'm trying to gauge how much interest there has been in terms of viewership on TV. This more geared to Australian posters, but anyone is free to post and comment.

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Watched most of the tests. Watched a bit of each of the ODI's but after the result was obvious i stopped. Will still watch the T20's.

pasag

RTDAS
Pretty much everything, for the stuff I've missed I just record it and watch with a fair bit of fast forwarding.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Watched most of the Test series. Watched all of the ODI's.

No different to any other season. Just found 2009/2010 to be one of the most boring summers of cricket in my cricket watching history. I made mention of this in the official tour thread, but you would hardly know the ODI was in Melbourne tonight. Zero hype, zero people care anymore, Nick Jewell made the comment on ABC that the crowd today was Shield esque (in jest).

Bring the good cricket and the crowds and television audience will return.

pasag

RTDAS
Watched most of the Test series. Watched all of the ODI's.

No different to any other season. Just found 2009/2010 to be one of the most boring summers of cricket in my cricket watching history. I made mention of this in the official tour thread, but you would hardly know the ODI was in Melbourne tonight. Zero hype, zero people care anymore, Nick Jewell made the comment on ABC that the crowd today was Shield esque (in jest).

Bring the good cricket and the crowds and television audience will return.
They really advertised for these games strongly as well. Seen signs up at bus stops everywhere.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went to two of the WI tests, saw part/all of all the tests (i.e. as much as I could see due to work). Have watched very little of the ODI series. Friday/Sunday nights are not good for me generally speaking, which is why I haven't.

If I had fox sports I'd have been watching the SA/India and Ban/NZ tests instead.

Aussie crowds love cricket, but they also love a contest. If you can't provide both, they won't come. Unfortunately everyone knew that the WI were heavily injured and the backup was dire. There has been more interest in the QLD/VIC game tomorrow from my friends than the ODIs.

Craig

World Traveller
Went to two of the WI tests, saw part/all of all the tests (i.e. as much as I could see due to work). Have watched very little of the ODI series. Friday/Sunday nights are not good for me generally speaking, which is why I haven't.

If I had fox sports I'd have been watching the SA/India and Ban/NZ tests instead.

Aussie crowds love cricket, but they also love a contest. If you can't provide both, they won't come. Unfortunately everyone knew that the WI were heavily injured and the backup was dire. There has been more interest in the QLD/VIC game tomorrow from my friends than the ODIs.
They were not shown on Fox Sports. Also India v SA was shown on Setanta Sports.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I've always believed that crowd attendance/TV numbers are determined by the expectation of the forthcoming series or match rather than just a contest. The previous Ashes in Australia was huge and heavily watched etc even though Australia managed to wipe England like a dirty ass for the majority of the series.

brockley

International Captain
Watched tests,kfc cup,watched one dayers altho hard they so boring,same ford ranger cup boring not have watched as many as i could of.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I watched most of the Pakistan tests (as I was on holidays) Saw what I could of the West Indies test series.

Watched a fair bit of the one dayers.

Don't like 20/20s so don't watch them.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
I watched a lot up until after the first couple of ODI's against Pakistan. It was obvious that Pakistan had gone into meltdown and were not going to provide any sort of competition in the 5 match ODI series. And after all the "injured" West Indian players (those of who have IPL contracts will miraculously get better) pulled out I knew that series was a turkey too.

The summer started off bad with West Indies at the Gabba but after that the 2nd and 3rd test matchs against the West Indies picked up and were quite good and the 1st two tests against Pakistan were quite watchable and enjoyable. But of course as soon as Pakistan imploded in the 2nd test you know that was it for them this summer.

Will watch the Twenty20's though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Watched as much Test Cricket as possible, and if I wasn't near a TV I had it on the radio or Cricinfo.

The ODIs I've not watched that much, especially the during the week games, even last night I watched the Rugby instead of the Windies chase.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Watched a bit of the Pakistan Tests when I was off, though the overlap with the Eng-SA games meant it was too much of an ask to stay up watching Oz and then get up to watch England. Watched Watto's ton though, fair to say that if I'd never discovered CW then I'd have never bothered

Saw bits and pieces of the ODIs as they are usually at a more Anglo-friendly time. Saw Afridi get the munchies live.

L Trumper

State Regular
Watched final 2 tests against WI and all tests agaisnt PAK and then all odis against PAK. I did catch all t20s and bigbash. Just got busy during WI odis otherwise i'd have watched them too.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Watched most of the Tests, some of the ODI's (lost interest towards the end) and not much of the T20.