Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mahmudullah?

Mahmudullah?

Mahmudullah, how good is this kid? Is he really the Next Big Thing(TM) or is he just another hack who's average will drop soon?

Banned
    He is a genuine batsman somehow used as a spinner and made to bat at No.8 by those guys of infinite wisdom in Bangla setup.

I'd rate him higher, but all of his innings come in games with Bangladesh

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    He can get some serious turn when conditions suit and is a decent batsman. Rate him pretty highly but Rahim and Shakib are better bats.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    I dont think the think tank of Bangladesh really understand his role as a player. He is not a bowler who can bat..I have no clue why he bats at 8. He is a proper batsman who can bowl a bit of off spin..
    He should be batting at 4 or 5 as a batsman, and Ashraful and Aftab should be dropped..that would actually give them an option of playing an extra spinner like Enamul or Razzak instead of misusing Mahmudullah as a spinner!
    As for his batting..I have high hopes..I think he can perform much better when its 50/2 rather than 88/5.

Looked all class to me. Only Shakib impressed me more in the Bangladesh side in this tour.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    don't think riyad will move up the order in the next series, siddons seems to like him down the order if you go by the quotes in the cricinfo article.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Definitely the batsman with the best temperament in the side and looks good technically much better than the others. Also seems just mentally more relaxed than the others. Its funny how the first time I saw him he came into the side as a bowler and dismissed him as an absolute joke and then all of a sudden in the India tour to BD he started getting runs. BD so far have 4 batsman who can play Mahmudullah, Tamim, Shakib and Mushfiq. The rest Keyes,Junaid just not good enough and Aftab and Ashraful who used to be their best players are now their worst which is a shame cuz if Aftab and Ashraful who initially showed some promise were able to grow as players BD could have been a lot better. They actually owe a tremendous amount to Mahmudullah who has actually dug BD out of potentially humiliating minnow like scores and performances against both India and NZ.

Banned
    I think the top 7 should be liek this for Bangladesh

Tamim Iqbal
    Shahriar Nafees
    Rajin Saleh
    Shakib Al Hasan
    Mamudullah
    Raqibul Hasan
    Mushfiqur Rahim

Ashraful and Aftab must go.

I would prefer

Iqbal
    Nafees
    Saleh
    Mushfiqur
    Mahmadullah
    Raqibul
    Shakib

order.
    Member of the Sanga fan club. (Ugh! it took me so long to become a real fan of his)

International 12th Man
    If Shakib,Rahim, Mahmadullah are the best middle order bats in BD (certainly seems that way) then shouldnt they play 3-4-5 or 4-5-6.

As long as the WK is not opening after crouching for a long time - does it matter that these folks also have major bowling & Wk duties?

This guy seems like the best regular #8 in tests atm, yet he's playing in a side with (almost) the worst #2, #3, #4, #6 (think Shakib comes at #5, Rahim at #7).

Quote Originally Posted by jeevan View Post
    If Shakib,Rahim, Mahmadullah are the best middle order bats in BD (certainly seems that way) then shouldnt they play 3-4-5 or 4-5-6.

As long as the WK is not opening after crouching for a long time - does it matter that these folks also have major bowling & Wk duties?

This guy seems like the best regular #8 in tests atm, yet he's playing in a side with (almost) the worst #2, #3, #4, #6 (think Shakib comes at #5, Rahim at #7).
    That's why they need a stone waller like Saleh at #3. If he hands out there for few hours it will be beneficial even if he does not score many.

Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    I would prefer

Iqbal
    Nafees
    Saleh
    Mushfiqur
    Mahmadullah
    Raqibul
    Shakib

order.
    Yeah, AWTA strongly.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Strange case really. Was a bit-part player for Dhaka for a few seasons in one-day cricket, batting at six or seven and then getting through a few economical overs without ever setting the world alight.

Then last year he made ton after ton, now he should be batting top five.

Tamim, Nafees, Raqib, Rahim, Mahmud, Shakib, plus another bat at number seven. Or maybe Rajin Saleh up nearer the top, probably at three. We seem to have plenty of number six batsmen, but no-one for three or four.

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    He *looks* like he should be an effective bowler too. As I said in the tour thread, he certainly looks more threatening than Naeem with the ball, but his record suggests otherwise.

Can certainly bat a bit anyway. I mentioned in the tour thread that he should move up the order and Aftab and Ashraful should be dropped, but PEWS made a good argument for stacking the batting. However, starting to revisit my original line of thought now....even if it means that they just bat Ashraful at 8 instead of picking another bowler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information