• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Greatest Test innings by a right-handed English batsman, born in South Africa, ag

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Greatest Test innings by a right-handed English batsman, born in South Africa, against Australia in the last test of an Ashes series, in England at the Oval, in the Second Innings, in the Modern era?

(This is in no way a blatant rip-off of a Zaremba style thread)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Allan Lamb's century against the 1984 West Indians (I forget which Test) must surely be up there. But it probably has to be Tony Greig's knock at The 'Gabba against Lillee, Thomson and Walker in '74/75, all things considered.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seismic though those knocks were, I'd have little doubt that Lamb and Greig's were better.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Probably take Trott's tbh. Orgasmic as Kapes's was, he did have a sizeable slice of luck early doors. Trott's was on debut, chanceless (I think) and in a game we needed to win.

gwo

U19 Debutant
Seismic though those knocks were, I'd have little doubt that Lamb and Greig's were better.
No doubt. I agree whole heartedly :dry:

The Greatest Test innings by a right-handed English batsman, born in South Africa, against Australia in the last test of an Ashes series, in England at the Oval, in the Second Innings, in the Modern era?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That was edited in after my post was made. The original post assumed that the thread-title, which had been truncated, posted this information.