Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Tendulkar vs Ponting Thread

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Problem is when it moves from a discussion to each trying to "pwn" the other.
    NOt to forget when people start claiming that McGrath "owned" Sachin or Sachin "owned" McGrath.. I am sorry but McGrath never dominated Sachin and Sachin never dominated McGrath for any reasonable period of time... McGrath got away with minimum damage from Sachin when he played well and Sachin managed to play out McGrath well when he played well... And McGrath got the better of him on the few times he didn't play well... You can say one got the better of the other when the other was not in his best form, which is pretty much what you expect in a match up between greats. And that's that... Neither "owned" the other.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    Poor example that, Chris Martin's clearly the exception to the rule, I'd venture to say that flatter tracks would make a difference to a half-decent lower order batsmen like a Steyn, Harris or a Haruitz.
    It doesn't make a difference to point I was making. Sure a Steyn,Harris or a Hauritz would be able to take advantage of a flat track to an extent but a proper batsman would be able to take much more advantage. Hence the need to look at top-6 averages.

Nah, Darren Bravo (you know, the next Lara) will be better then Ponting and Tendulkar combined. You heard it here first.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by shankar View Post
    It doesn't make a difference to point I was making. Sure a Steyn,Harris or a Hauritz would be able to take advantage of a flat track to an extent but a proper batsman would be able to take much more advantage. Hence the need to look at top-6 averages.
    Sorry mate Zinzan has more posts than you so you're wrong. let the discussion end
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Nah, Darren Bravo (you know, the next Lara) will be better then Ponting and Tendulkar combined. You heard it here first.
    Red has more posts than most here so I'm tempted to think he has the final decision in this matter. let the discussion die.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    What makes you think he'd have been as good as Warne had they swapped homes?

I am not talking about growing up in that environment and learning to play there, etc. I am talking about what their records as they stand suggest.
    Interesting argument. If one replaced Warne with Sachin and Murali with Ponting, and bowling with batting, it sounds like a clincher.

State Captain
    tendulkar is better

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Mohammad Kaif is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

duffer is the best.

Bradman sux.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    AA is God..

Banned
    I hope when people debate about ponting vs Sachin then they discount 2000 runs ponting scored with the illegal bat . MCC called that bat illegal. This is as bad as ball tampering and taking drugs

BBC SPORT | Cricket | Ponting's bat illegal, rules MCC

vcs
    A graphite strip at the back of the bat doesn't aid footwork, shot selection, balance or timing. I don't understand how a strip on the back of the bat would cause "unacceptable damage" to the ball anyway.

Using banned substances will help a fast bowler run faster and deliver the ball quicker, so comparing this with something like that is ridiculous. Or ball tampering, though the legal-illegal boundaries on that issue are much harder to define.

Lol, whilst it was silly to use the bat, to equate it to druge cheating is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever read.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Banned
    Ponting scored 5 hundreds in the next 7 matches after getting the faulty bat replaced as well.

Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread Information