• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Tendulkar vs Ponting Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IMO the only stat that matters is batting in the fourth innings in new zealand while neither was injured and Warne was howling at the moon in his underwear.

Therefore clearly, Gautam Gambhir is the best player. Otherwise, you're just being illogical.
:laugh: :laugh:

This is a hilarious post. Adding it to my signature.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Ponting's entire record should be stripped off, tbh.. Once a cheat, and all that.. :ph34r:

Seriously, you need to stoop to these levels to get some evidence that Sachin was better???????

Top_Cat

Lol, whilst it was silly to use the bat, to equate it to druge cheating is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever read.
The mail I have about it is that the graphite at the back was nothing more than a marketing gimmick, adding nothing to the power whatsoever. No-one, to my knowledge, has ever proven it did anything at all.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It definitely was a super marketing tool; every junior kid I saw at the time had a bat with a "graphite back" on it; and I'm pretty sure that for the junior kids it was just a black sticker to make it look cool.

Top_Cat

It definitely was a super marketing tool; every junior kid I saw at the time had a bat with a "graphite back" on it; and I'm pretty sure that for the junior kids it was just a black sticker to make it look cool.
Certainly was the reason I wanted one. :ph34r:

Sir Alex

Banned
Perhaps a bit OT. But when Jayasurya had our bowlers' number during the late 90s, there appeared some reports in some language newspapers that during one Sharjah trophy game, his bat broke and exposed what looked like springs inside that, explaining all his heroics since 96. :laugh: For a while it used to be the hottest discussion in our school and remember us shouting cheat whenever he played against us.

Schooldays....

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Perhaps a bit OT. But when Jayasurya had the number of us in the late 90s, there appeared some reports in some language newspapers that during one Sharjah trophy game, his bat broke and exposed what looked like springs inside that, explaining all his heroics since 96. :laugh: For a while it used to be the hottest discussion in our school and remember us shouting cheat whenever he played against us.

Schooldays....
I remember that one. :laugh:

hkjain

Cricket Spectator
Averages & 100s update

Sachin 56.08 & 48
Ponting 54.66 & 39

Getting tougher and tougher for the Aussie.
He can come close to his test runs but would not think about getting closer to his centuries.

What sachin did in 20 years, ponting has been able to do same in 15 years which is still good.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd still rather have Ponting's career than Tendulkar's, and I can't see it changing before they both retire. 54% of tests won (vs 33%), loads of those as captain, and three world cups. I'd take a couple off my average for that, it's got to have been awesome.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sachin has a bigger fan base who love him regardless of his failure in achieving what Ponting has. Would take that over any of Ponting's accomplishments. SRT all the way.:D