• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players who played way more internationals than they should

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
19 posts, 13 threads.

He's only doing it to promote his sig.
Is that counting merged threads as threads? And including the deleted one(s) ?

At least this isn't a copy of previous threads which are still on the first page of the forum.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Doesn't appear to be a blatent copy of a thread from Planetcricket either. Weird.

Amjad Khan. Should never have played a Test match, still struggling to work out the logic behind his selection. Steve Harmison also played far too many Test matches.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's hundreds of players who you could say played international cricket and blatantly shouldn't have, from Fred Tate to Amjad Khan. Players who played loads when they should've only played a bit (ie, those who were consistently preferred to better-qualified candidates) are relatively rare and thus it is, perhaps rather unexpectedly, a vaguely interesting discussion point.

Harmison is of course a good example; Voges is not. Voges if anything should've played more ODIs than he has.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Ian Harvey? I think he deserved to play as many games as he did. He probably doesn't have the best stats, but I can't think of too many bowlers who bowled as well as he can in the last 10 overs of an innings.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, I can barely remember Harvey bowling a particularly outstanding death spell in a ODI. Certainly he could be a fantastic death bowler and I saw him be such a thing many times for Gloucs (don't doubt he was for Vic as well) but he rarely did such a thing at ODI level in my experience.

Certainly not a ODI-standard bowler.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Serious now. Imran Farhat 33 matches.

I've never liked him, he is bad in the field and looks very ordinary at the crease.