• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Are Most Bowlers Called Doug Bollinger Left-Handed?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've noticed most bowlers called Doug Bollinger are left-handed. Why do you think this is? Is it because if your name is Doug Bollinger you have a natural tendency to favour the left-hand?

And if he bowled right-handed would it feel like someone else was bowling?

I've noticed most bowlers called Doug Bollinger are left-handed. Why do you think this is? Is it because if your name is Doug Bollinger you have a natural tendency to favour the left-hand?

And if he bowled right-handed would it feel like someone else was bowling?
He wouldent get so many wickets if he only had one leg and plenty of other bowlers would be selected before him if he only had one leg. I suspect he only gets so many wickets because he has two legs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely wouldn't have a Test career if Australia didn't usually play two left-armers, and if his name wasn't Doug Bollinger (and therefore he wasn't left-handed).

slowfinger

International Debutant
He was a dog called Doug but his Boll made him inger so everyone liked him untill Ricky Ponting used his evil forces to turn him into a human fast bowler.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
How can you possibly say he's anything but rubbish when he hasn't played against India yet?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because of the fact that introducing Phil Simmons, Brian Lara, Keith Arthurton, Jimmy Adams, David Williams and Kenneth Benjamin together was the dawn of a real new era. And not neccessarily a good one either.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So much more difficult to answer than a question about Sachin Tendulkar... the question in this thread is far more intelligent and deep I think.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
..because most left handers called Doug Bollinger are not bowlers :wacko: ...

But yeah, most Bollers called Doug are definitely Doug Bollingers...

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He wouldent get so many wickets if he only had one leg and plenty of other bowlers would be selected before him if he only had one leg. I suspect he only gets so many wickets because he has two legs.
Was this guy banned because he was advertising KFC's new Streetwise menu??