• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lets discuss Pak dressing room Issues..

AaronK

State Regular
I was watching Cricinfo's top five innings of the year... Ian chapple was discussing Umar Akmal with two of my favorite commentators Harsha and Sanjay.. He said that Umar seemed districted during the Aus tour whether it was because of his recent success or what was going on in Pakistani dressing room.. If it was the issues srouneding the dressing room.. he better get used to it..

This kind of striked me.. he is soo right.. we have seen time after time Pakistani players geting involved in grouping, conflicts and altraction with each other..not to forget the aligations of match fixing, Ball temparing and other indiciplinary actions that they get involve... it seems like the players change years after years but these controversial issues continue to exist..at times it gets worse as it is now..

Watching Aamir Sohail talking about it during a Geo T.V show.. he dated this groupism and dressing room politics back to 93/94 when players first revolted against Javid Maindad who was captaining pakistan.. Pakistan cricket board reacted by making Wasim Akram the captain.. he said all of sudden 8 to 9 players in the team saw themselves as a captain of the team.. later they revolted against Wasim Akram as well.. Issues like this continued to effect the pakistani team during the 90s. during NZ tour players like Aamir sohail, Rashid Latif and Aaqib javid came out and accused wasim, Salim Malik, Ijaz ahmad of Match fixing.. Waqar younis joined them later dividing the team in to two groups..The scandles of match fixing continued to rock Pakistani team during the 90s..

Failure in WC 03.. brought the new generation of cricketers to pakistani team.. but the players behavior didn't change..The conflict between Inzi and Shaoib.. Younis and Afridi.. Afridi and Shaoib akhtar..it seemed like the Pakistani players continued to find ways to get themselves in trouble..

The emergance of Mohmmad Asif was seen by many as a good news for the future of pakistani cricket. but His troubles didn't help pakistan at all.. his drug use.. fight with shoaib akhtar and afridi continued to keep the tradition of pakistani players troubles..

Now with the emergance of the new generation of cricketers with Mohmmad Aamir and Umar akmal.. I can't help but to say that they are following the same path as other pakistani players from the past.. M. Aamir's altraction with U. Gul during NZ tour.. U. Akmal's fake injury during the Aus tour proves me right here..

the current sitaution is worse as the conflict between yousuf and malik is considered by many as the main cause of the bad performance in Aus..

The sad part about this is that players, captains, coaches and even cricket boards come and go but these problems continued to appear and it has become like a concerious disease in the pakistan cricket..

most pakistani cricket fans are requsting from Imran khan to come as PCB chairman and fix cricket. whether he can come and take the post time wil tell us. But
I would like to ask you cricket expirts and grues..what do u guys say is the root problem to these issues in Pakistan cricket? What can be done about it? some people will call for dropping some players.. but history tell us that those players who have been involved in these issues have been match winners for pakistan.. they are even considered as the greatests of the game of cricket..

So lets disucss this..

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
I think seniors players are the ones causing problems, yousuf should definatly be kicked out, he might be a good batsmen but his attittude is really negative and he is old now, we need young blood in the team

In my opnion they should make Salman Butt the captain because he the smartest person in the team.

While guys like Yousuf and Younus should be kicked out. Afridi, Malik, and Kamran should stay though because the team still needs them

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Not enough quality face powder, for mine. I'm told Kamran prefers the Parisian brands, but they keep procuring the cheap Italian chalk powder variety. I'm also led to believe there's a lack of tissue paper. Afridi had to use a cricket ball to test his lipstick, I'm told.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Draught in talent = Lack of results

Lack of Results = Poor morale

Poor morale = Dressing room issues

AaronK

State Regular
Draught in talent = Lack of results

Lack of Results = Poor morale

Poor morale = Dressing room issues
R u applying the same theory to the 90s Pakistani team as well?

because i thought they were pretty talented..

Saeed anwar, Inzamam ul Haq, Moin khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Saqalin Mushtaq, shahid Afridi.and the list can go on..

Xuhaib

International Coach
R u applying the same theory to the 90s Pakistani team as well?

because i thought they were pretty talented..

Saeed anwar, Inzamam ul Haq, Moin khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Saqalin Mushtaq, shahid Afridi.and the list can go on..
No draught in talent meant no lack of results. That was just a clash of egos.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Theres no point discussing the Pakistani dressing room.

Fraudulent and corrupt society =
corrupt selfish cricketing upbringing/coaching =
currupt selfish team selection =
.01% chance of a select 11 from the Pakistani system of acting in the best interest of Pakistan cricket =
that 0.1% would be nothing short of a miracle.

There are only 2 ways you can control Pakistan's dressing room issues

1) You have a strong, dictator like leader like Imran Khan who can inspire and almost bully the selection commity and the players into performing to their best ability as a unit

2) The Pakistani cricketing system from the grassroots is cleaned and gotten rid of most currupt false practices.

I dont see either of these options coming to surface, so I conclude that Pakistani dressing room will continue to be the joke of the world for the foreseeable future with hopefully a few performance sparks in between (winning the t20 world cup) to keep things a little sane.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
What do they need to catch in the dressing room? Hope the situation in there is not so bad that they're throwing stuff at each other.
If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What do they need to catch in the dressing room? Hope the situation in there is not so bad that they're throwing stuff at each other.
Was sarcasm TBH, but I'm sure some better catching would lead to at least a little less dressing-room friction.

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Theres no point discussing the Pakistani dressing room.

Fraudulent and corrupt society =
corrupt selfish cricketing upbringing/coaching =
currupt selfish team selection =
.01% chance of a select 11 from the Pakistani system of acting in the best interest of Pakistan cricket =
that 0.1% would be nothing short of a miracle.

There are only 2 ways you can control Pakistan's dressing room issues

1) You have a strong, dictator like leader like Imran Khan who can inspire and almost bully the selection commity and the players into performing to their best ability as a unit

2) The Pakistani cricketing system from the grassroots is cleaned and gotten rid of most currupt false practices.

I dont see either of these options coming to surface, so I conclude that Pakistani dressing room will continue to be the joke of the world for the foreseeable future with hopefully a few performance sparks in between (winning the t20 world cup) to keep things a little sane.
agree, pakistani society is totally going down, i mean looking back at it, our lives in pakistan 20 years ago seem like heaven compared to today. Every thing is messed up in the country. obvious blame goes to the government and military who have totally ruined the country and have no intention of solving the problems. Imran Khan is our only hope as politician and pakistan's future

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Small point, but in the 90s Shahid Afridi wasn't half the bowler he is now. Wouldn't really put him on the level of those other guys.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Seriously, hard to think that talent is a problem. Not with that bowling squad, finally a decent opening pair, and a fabulous young batsman to complement a pair of seasoned veterans. Leaves only a couple of spots that do not select themselves in a meritocratic world.

AaronK

State Regular
Small point, but in the 90s Shahid Afridi wasn't half the bowler he is now. Wouldn't really put him on the level of those other guys.
He was considered by many as most talented with so much potential.. he played in Aus and received man of the series during the tringler series.. He was the main performer and helped pakistan win the series with his bowling, batting and fielding..almost three years later.. he made a test century against india in india..his innings helped pakistan get 12 runs victory..

Seriously, hard to think that talent is a problem. Not with that bowling squad, finally a decent opening pair, and a fabulous young batsman to complement a pair of seasoned veterans. Leaves only a couple of spots that do not select themselves in a meritocratic world.
Exactly.. The best pure talent comes out of Pakistan and India..I think if these kids are thought how to be profisional and diciplined at the lower levels... maybe we could avoid these problem.. but we are asking for too much..They are barely paid attention too.. I remember this kid Anwar ali who single handedly win pakistan the under 19 world cup.. A fast bowler who could swing the bowle like a spinner.. if this kid was in Aus, England or any other country... he would have been playing international cricket right now..unfortunatly, in pakistan they are barely paid attention too..