• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lets discuss Pak dressing room Issues..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Theres no point discussing the Pakistani dressing room.

Fraudulent and corrupt society =
corrupt selfish cricketing upbringing/coaching =
currupt selfish team selection =
.01% chance of a select 11 from the Pakistani system of acting in the best interest of Pakistan cricket =
that 0.1% would be nothing short of a miracle.

There are only 2 ways you can control Pakistan's dressing room issues

1) You have a strong, dictator like leader like Imran Khan who can inspire and almost bully the selection commity and the players into performing to their best ability as a unit

2) The Pakistani cricketing system from the grassroots is cleaned and gotten rid of most currupt false practices.

I dont see either of these options coming to surface, so I conclude that Pakistani dressing room will continue to be the joke of the world for the foreseeable future with hopefully a few performance sparks in between (winning the t20 world cup) to keep things a little sane.
Ok. So speaking as an Indian or a Pakistani ?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
agree, pakistani society is totally going down, i mean looking back at it, our lives in pakistan 20 years ago seem like heaven compared to today. Every thing is messed up in the country. obvious blame goes to the government and military who have totally ruined the country and have no intention of solving the problems. Imran Khan is our only hope as politician and pakistan's future
Isn't Imran Khan a Punjabi though ? :ph34r::ph34r:

**Runs Away**

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
^ ethinically he is pashtun, but his family has been living in punjab for few generations, i believe he is half/half

and plus he the best politician in the country. My hatred is not for all punjabies to begin with, its only for the villagers who come in to our government and important positions through out like the PCB and basically destroy the country, this is what is happening to pakistan right now.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I'm not convinced. Faisal1985, would you like to discuss this in greater depth with SaeedAnwar? :ph34r:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was considered by many as most talented with so much potential.. he played in Aus and received man of the series during the tringler series.. He was the main performer and helped pakistan win the series with his bowling, batting and fielding..almost three years later.. he made a test century against india in india..his innings helped pakistan get 12 runs victory..
He was never much of a player in the 90s though. He's only become one when his bowling has improved out of sight.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
The fundamental problem is very simple.

PCB has to simply kick out and put reasonable amount of ban on players who indulge in such actions. Whether its Umar Akmal, Afridi, Akhtar, Asif, Yousuf, Younis etc.....

The minute a player becomes bigger then the game and the country, he is let go of his misconducts and that leads to a tradition of such behaviour because you know you will get away with it.

In the same program some one also mentioned that Australians do not compromise on misconduct and look what happened to Symonds. No one would dare follow that path if proper punishments are handed out.

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
the other problem is that clearly talent is missing, i mean there are some guys like Asif, Umer Akmal that are talented but rest are not world class to compete in international matches. The Australian series clearly showed that pakistan team over all had very little talented players

AaronK

State Regular
He was never much of a player in the 90s though. He's only become one when his bowling has improved out of sight.
Ya but they saw talent and potential in him.. I don't want to get in to his age and claim that he was under 20 because that is a controversial issue..But even now people like Wasim akram and Inzi who played with him and captained him claim that he is talented and has alot of potential..

Xuhaib

International Coach
the other problem is that clearly talent is missing, i mean there are some guys like Asif, Umer Akmal that are talented but rest are not world class to compete in international matches. The Australian series clearly showed that pakistan team over all had very little talented players
this.

Even if the players become disciplined and the team spirit improves a side with Misnag,Farhat,Malik,Faisal will still struggle on the interntional stage.Over the past 10 years apart from Umer Akmal and to an extend Salman Butt I hae not seen one Pakistani batsman who looks international class.

The quality of the domestic game has been poor for the past few years though I do expect onecer the National Cricket acadamy and Rashid Latif Cricket acadamy graduates start making there impact on the FC circut the talent that filters through to the national team will gradually improve again.

Last edited: