• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Ponting overtake Tendulkar?

Will Ponting break Tendulkar's records?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Why remove WIndies? Because Tendulkar couldn't cash in? Game, set, match.
WTF? He hasn't played them since 2002 to cash in. This has been pointed out. Hasnt played Zim either since they became minnows, also been pointed out.

The only thing you're winning at is the selective discarding of data. That I'll grant you, you and the 5 year old I get to baby sit (who also keeps going "I win" "I win" all the time).

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
WTF? He hasn't played them since 2002 to cash in. This has been pointed out. Hasnt played Zim either since they became minnows, also been pointed out.

The only thing you're winning at is the selective discarding of data. That I'll grant you, you and the 5 year old I get to baby sit (who also keeps going "I win" "I win" all the time).
The attacks he faced in 2002 were as poor as many of the attacks the WIndies had thereafter. Tendulkar didn't cash in, that's his own fault. In fact, India lost the series in WIndies against them. He played 8 tests against the likes of Dillon, Cuffy, Sanford, Black, Hooper and Collins and scored 2 100s. In the same period Ponting played 9 tests and scored 6 100s against them. In one series he scored at least a century in every match. So arguing that Tendulkar played them less is irrelevant because a) it isn't that much less and b) he didn't cash in anyway to suggest he missed out.

Zimbabwe were minnows for all but a small period after the turn of the century. The attacks Tendulkar faced before then against Zimbabwe were really bad. The one year they did have a good team and he played them, he scored 2 100s against WIndies and 1 against Zimbabwe - as I have pointed out to Sir Alex n amount of times. Do you wanna swap them around then? That would actually hurt Tendulkar's record.

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
^ Nope, not into slicing & dicing myself.

The interpretation that seems suitable to me is a few pages ago (overall, against top 4 teams). Sachin comes out on top in all except against SA.

SA was a mark against him, but this series puts that to rest to a quite an extent imo. (Just like WC 2003 finals called into question his big game abilities and that lingered for a long time due to his injuries and then his slump. But that too he eventually has set to rest.)

I'm done with this thread. Field is all yours.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What happened to this thread?
It's gone to the ****ter, that's what's happened. FMD, I just cannot believe this **** happens in every ****ing thread where one of these two players or both get mentioned. Honestly, every ****ing time.

It's ****ed. I mean, do the protagonists who do this in every bloody thread (and you know who you are) just cut and paste this ****? Honestly, it makes me want to eat my own vomit, which would be appropriate really, because it's all been regurgitated so ****ing often.

I'd rather have bowel surgery without anasthetic than read this every time there's a reaosnably long thread in CC these days. And if I did have that surgery, there'd be a lot less **** flying around than there is in here.

What amazes me is that the posters who do this on a consistent basis (you know who you are) generally are bright blokes who otherwise have some (I find anyway) interesting things to say. It's just every time there's a bloody opportunity to start with this **** it's grabbed with both hands.

From now on, we need to make this like S&M play - other forum members need to decide on a "safety" word, one that they can type in, the protagonists cease, the punishment stops and all the pain can go away. Suggestions for the word please?

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
It's gone to the ****ter, that's what's happened. FMD, I just cannot believe this **** happens in every ****ing thread where one of these two players or both get mentioned. Honestly, every ****ing time.

It's ****ed. I mean, do the protagonists who do this in every bloody thread (and you know who you are) just cut and paste this ****? Honestly, it makes me want to eat my own vomit, which would be appropriate really, because it's all been regurgitated so ****ing often.

I'd rather have bowel surgery without anasthetic than read this every time there's a reaosnably long thread in CC these days. And if I did have that surgery, there'd be a lot less **** flying around than there is in here.

What amazes me is that the posters who do this on a consistent basis (you know who you are) generally are bright blokes who otherwise have some (I find anyway) interesting things to say. It's just every time there's a bloody opportunity to start with this **** it's grabbed with both hands.

From now on, we need to make this like S&M play - other forum members need to decide on a "safety" word, one that they can type in, the protagonists cease, the punishment stops and all the pain can go away. Suggestions for the word please?
:laugh:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
OK, I've had enough. This thread will be closed, and when I get the time I'll do some merging and make an official Tendulkar vs Ponting thread. This has sidetracked far too many threads now, so if it heads in that direction, as soon as there is dissection of stats, frogs and ring fields of those two players' careers, it's being transported into that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.