• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2010 Allan Border Medal

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And Test player of the year is Katto!

FMD, it was a **** year, wasn't it?

Obviously Jim Maxwell and Glen Mitchell's votes count for double - they seem to think he should bowl every time the opposition get more than 145...

Katto - "I'm surprised"

Not as surprised as the punters, you were hundreds.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
And Test player of the year is Katto!

FMD, it was a **** year, wasn't it?

Obviously Jim Maxwell and Glen Mitchell's votes count for double - they seem to think he should bowl every time the opposition get more than 145...

Katto - "I'm surprised"

Not as surprised as the punters, you were hundreds.
Called it :cool:

Burgey

Called it :cool:
Kudos - should've had 10 points deducted for that run out of Watto though.

Hall of Fame now for Garth. Fantastic stuff this - one of the forgotten guns of Aussie cricket. Carried that attack for much of the 60s.

Hit_Wicket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well deserved for both Katich and Watson; they've both been the epitome of consistency.

Although I'm probably not the only person to be surprised by Katich winning the Test gong (unfortunately seemed like he'd be another Damien Martyn).

It's great to see appropriate recognition for them both though, unlike in some previous years.

Burgey

Now Hall of Fame for Phanto. What a player this bloke was too. Teetotaller, pigeon-fancier, Victorian and sometimes anoying commentator.

But we forgive him all that because he's been active in the past in the Victorian branch of the ALP, and he pours **** on Tony Greig.

And of all the people treated poorly by selectors over they years, the way Bradman et al treated him when they dumped him was ****ing appalling.

Last edited:

Burgey

Didn't know that.

Quality coverage this from Burgey.
Cheers mate.

Bill giving credit to a number of blokes from a largely forgotten era - the Booths, Ian Craigs etc. Rabbiting on about being a Victorian. Nicholas notes he was named after a Prime Minister (Billy Hughes). Bill says "A Labor PM at that Mark".*

*For the sake of accuracy, it should be noted that Hughes ratted in 1916, causing the first great Labor split. He was a ****.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Now Hall of Fame for Phanto. What a player this bloke was too. Teetotaller, pigeon-fancier, Victorian and sometimes anoying commentator.

But we forgive him all that because he's been active in the past in the Victorian branch of the ALP, and he pours **** on Tony Greig.

And of all the people treated poorly by selectors over they years, the way Bradman et al treated him when they dumped him was ****ing appalling.
You forgot all the 12th man material.

Burgey

Who finished second and third in voting to Watson and Katich?
Don't know that they actually said mate. I'm in the study typing away listening to the tv which is in the loungeroom, you know the room just off the front hall way. Mrs has that bloody appalling Brothers and Sisters in the family room, so there's a bit of background noise.

Apparently Calista Flockhart's character has cancer. I thought it was annorexia personally.

Burgey

Ok, here we go. AB medal to be presented by, surprisingly, AB.

Julian says he "Led Australia through the tough times in the 80s". Tougher to have to give a nuffie like you a baggy green, Brendan.

Incidentally, there was an interesting and entertaining article posted on CW not that long ago about the legend that is AB. I commend it to you all.:cool:

3 players in line (Nicholas hogs limelight as usual) - Clarke, Johnson, Watto.

Slats asks them how they feel - pissed, and pissed off at being asked inane questions I'd imagine.

All suitably modest tbf. Watto says it's nice when things come together - fair to say Lee Furlong, his fiancee has come together nicely.

Mr Bingle says he's surprised to be in the mix - his missus has a fake tattooed chanel necklace on lads. Not a huge fan of hers, bit it's seriously overtly ***y in a surprisingy classy way.

Johnson mumbles something incoherent.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Don't know that they actually said mate. I'm in the study typing away listening to the tv which is in the loungeroom, you know the room just off the front hall way. Mrs has that bloody appalling Brothers and Sisters in the family room, so there's a bit of background noise.

Apparently Calista Flockhart's character has cancer. I thought it was annorexia personally.
Thanks mate, hopefully I can tell my girl about Calista Flockhart's character so we don't have to watch it. We are at the end of Desperate Housewives, riveting.

Burgey

And its......

WATTO time.

Cue blubbering, tears, man love and lots of hair product, Something About Mary style.

Kudos Watto. WD mate.

There are the tears - a man in touch with his feminine side, and feminine hair cut too.

Thanks selectors, team mates et al.

Thanks medical staff - gets big laugh.

Thanks mum, dad, sis and Lee, his fiancee. Says it's been up and down - tipping it'll be up and down for her later!

Gets glass of champers (no doubt non-vintage, Australian rubbish instead of a vintage Roederer like the occasion deserves), cuts hand on it, out for 3 months - vintage Watto style.

Fin