• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand

James

Cricket Web Owner
Play the Twenty20 series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket
Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1266231418​

Play the ODI series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket
Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1266232322​

Fri Feb 26
1st T20I - New Zealand v Australia
Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Sun Feb 28
2nd T20I - New Zealand v Australia
AMI Stadium, Christchurch

Wed Mar 3
1st ODI - New Zealand v Australia
McLean Park, Napier

Sat Mar 6
2nd ODI - New Zealand v Australia
Eden Park, Auckland

Tue Mar 9
3rd ODI - New Zealand v Australia
Seddon Park, Hamilton

Thu Mar 11
4th ODI - New Zealand v Australia
Eden Park, Auckland

Sat Mar 13
5th ODI - New Zealand v Australia
Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Fri Mar 19 - Tue Mar 23
1st Test - New Zealand v Australia
Basin Reserve, Wellington

Sat Mar 27 - Wed Mar 31
2nd Test - New Zealand v Australia
Seddon Park, Hamilton

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worst idea. NZ have surprised Aussies at home by losing to everyone else (read: foxing), lulling them into a false sense of security then getting the jump on them with a green but slow deck which suits their military-meds perfectly.

Sneaky ****s.

Seriously, OZ shouldn't take them lightly even without the gun bowlers. Recipe for disaster, especially when they're not winning every series they play in any more.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
I'm still pissed one of the tests got canned. What a joke.
Why? Like Pakistan and the West Indies, New Zealand doesn't even pretend to care about test cricket anymore. Oh, sure, you and a couple of other die hards still care. But lets compare attendances and TV ratings for the T20I's, ODI's and test matches after the tour.

Craig

World Traveller
Why? Like Pakistan and the West Indies, New Zealand doesn't even pretend to care about test cricket anymore. Oh, sure, you and a couple of other die hards still care. But lets compare attendances and TV ratings for the T20I's, ODI's and test matches after the tour.
Oh come on, the same can apply for India and Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka are coming to Australia just before the Ashes to play three ODI's and two T20's, and no Tests FFS.

Damn BCCI.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
Oh come on, the same can apply for India and Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka are coming to Australia just before the Ashes to play three ODI's and two T20's, and no Tests FFS.

Damn BCCI.
Sri Lanka still kinda care about home test matches. Remember when beating NZ at home was still considered tough? It was only a few years ago.

India dont care about test cricket but they stilll pretend to care.

thierry henry

International Coach
Whilst I love test cricket above all else, our test team is dire atm and so I can't see much other than us getting smoked twice.

Our ODI team on the other hand should really give the Aussies a very competitive series (and I would say the same if we were playing in Australia as well tbh). If we had Ryder and Mills it'd be even better, but even without them we have plenty of reason to be confident (although some of that rests on Bond being fit as well.)

Craig

World Traveller
Whilst I love test cricket above all else, our test team is dire atm and so I can't see much other than us getting smoked twice.

Our ODI team on the other hand should really give the Aussies a very competitive series (and I would say the same if we were playing in Australia as well tbh). If we had Ryder and Mills it'd be even better, but even without them we have plenty of reason to be confident (although some of that rests on Bond being fit as well.)
It's not like NZ hasn't been Australia in the last few years in ODIs without Bond.

thierry henry

International Coach
It's not like NZ hasn't been Australia in the last few years in ODIs without Bond.
yup definitely, that's why I carefully said "some of that" rather than, say, "a lot of that".

Probably shouldn't underestimate the importance of Mills though...Bond wasn't playing in the CH series last year but Mills was. As it is we have 3 world class ODI bowlers, 2 seam 1 spin- having one of each is not bad, but if we're reduced to Vettori plus no world class seamers, that's a bit of a problem.

Craig

World Traveller
What was McKay like against Bang;adesh? I have feeling that he would get taken apart by the Aussies.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I rate McKay. He won't strike fear into their hearts, but I think he'll do ok.

thierry henry

International Coach
What was McKay like against Bang;adesh? I have feeling that he would get taken apart by the Aussies.
Generally fairly successful

There's nothing notably dire about his bowling- he bowls in the 140s, left-arm, reasonably tall and can get a bit of bounce, has a useful slower ball, all of the usual stuff. However, his domestic record strongly suggests a tendency to be expensive.

I have a feeling he might be like a Rana Naved or Umar Gul type bowler, brisk pace and usually looks dangerous but generally expensive?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't recall Australia ever playing a 3 test series with NZ in the last 5-6 years. So I don't see how it's any different this time.

Were 3 tests originally scheduled?