• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He is fit at the moment.

But I don't think you can blame us for not being overly confident that he still will be when the Aussies arrive.

Dano.85

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I am really looking forward to the odis, i think they could be some cracking contests from a neutral point of veiw.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's rumoured due to only 2 tests being played that a squad of 13 will go.

You'd think 7 batsmen, Brad Haddin & 5 bowlers

Bowlers will be:

Johnson, Bollinger, McKay, Hauritz & Harris

So, just leaves a question on the bastmen:

Obviously, Watson, Katich, Ponting, Hussey, Clarke will all go which leaves 2 spots.

Reckon both North and White will go, but Klinger could come in for North.

howardj

International Coach
My Aus Test squad of 13:

God (c)
Clarke (vc)
Katich
Watson
Hussey
Klinger
White

Haddin

Hauritz
Johnson
Bollinger
Harris
Cutting

North has got to get punted - aged over 30, modest Shield and Test record, and only piles on the runs when the team doesn't need them. He also no longer bowls. I think Klinger has, in the absence of anyone else putting up their hand, done enough to make the tour. His last couple of years have been stellar. It's great to see a relatively young fellow banging on the selection door with mountains of runs (ala Hayden, Blewett, Martyn etc in the 1990s). However, I'd bat White at six - he's a great slipper, can at least do as well as North with the bat, and importantly has shown great improvement in international company of late.

Finally, regarding the bowlers, again I would reward a young man with the stats on the board. Ben Cutting leads the Shield averages and he's only 22. Let's be bold and reward this outstanding performance. In a similar vein, I would reward Harris with a spot - in the absence of an injured Lee and Clark and an underdone Bracken and Tait. For mine, Harris looks a better bet than McKay who I thought was found wanting in his Perth debut.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah. Their bowling looks very weak. And with Ryder injured their batting isn't very good.
Bingo....

If we had Bond & O'Brien as we did in the 1st test against Pakistan in Dec, I'd say we could be competitive, but this current bowling attack won't test the Aussie batsmen at all IMO.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
It's rumoured due to only 2 tests being played that a squad of 13 will go.

You'd think 7 batsmen, Brad Haddin & 5 bowlers

Bowlers will be:

Johnson, Bollinger, McKay, Hauritz & Harris

So, just leaves a question on the bastmen:

Obviously, Watson, Katich, Ponting, Hussey, Clarke will all go which leaves 2 spots.

Reckon both North and White will go, but Klinger could come in for North.
I would play White ahead of Klinger, simply because we need him at first slip.

inbox24

International Debutant
Squad of 13:

Katich
Watson
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Dussey
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz
Bollinger
Hilfenhaus (if fit)

Hughes
Clark (with sticky wickets, he could be a handful)

pasag

RTDAS
I'll be very surprised if White's not playing at 6 come NZ.

Dont think he's the best man for the job, but not the worst and I hope he does well. Just really worried about his defensive technique, esp when the ball is doing something.

cbuts

International Debutant
Why? Like Pakistan and the West Indies, New Zealand doesn't even pretend to care about test cricket anymore. Oh, sure, you and a couple of other die hards still care. But lets compare attendances and TV ratings for the T20I's, ODI's and test matches after the tour.
actually in recent years NZ have has some of the best TV test ratings ever - in both the England and India series text cricket out rated rugby

think youll find, the test already clash with the IPL, which prob had something to do with it

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would play White ahead of Klinger, simply because we need him at first slip.
I wasn't referring to first XI, I was talking about the squad. There will likely only be 7 spots for batsmen, 5 are pretty much guaranteed (unless injured). I think both White & North would go, but if they're not going to go with North I think Klinger will come in for him. If that were the case, unless Klinger blasts a century in a tour game (if they have one) White would play ahead of him.

howardj

International Coach
Actually, my panel has met and we've made a late change to my squad. I'm going to plonk my cards on the table - I want Steve Stevo Smith to tour NZ. Two Shield centuries at the age of 20 (both coming in his last few games) and a potential leg spinner.

God (c)
Clarke (vc)
Watson
Katich
Hussey
White
Smith

Haddin

Hauritz
Johnson
Bollinger
Cutting