• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

jboss has last laugh

jboss

Banned
Let me see...

Begining of Eng vs SA series I was calling for Boucher, JP, and AB head and seemed to have ruffled some peoples feathers. Apart from Boucher who hit form, I would like to know if it is still so hard to see that AB is not the best test batsman as he wishes to be amd should take the gloves.
JP is a nobody with not just one, bt MANY technical issues.

Finally Prince no longer opens but can hardly blame him for failing after feeling pressure that was forced on him due to odd selections and making him play as opener.

jboss

Banned
AB is taking the gloves...
Rather that than take the bat. The guys is too selfish a player. Didn't want the gloves when he did an ok job of being keeper and bats selfishly and too agressive for test cricket allowing the middle order to collapse.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No you didn't.

How'd you get de Villiers correct? Boucher has being doing well so there isn't a wicket keeper spot for him atfull strength.

de Villiers is still a fine batsman who's spot is safe as he's ahead of Duminy, Prince, Peterson in the pecking order.

Duminy has failed so that's your 1 from 3.

Polo23

International Debutant
Rather that than take the bat. The guys is too selfish a player. Didn't want the gloves when he did an ok job of being keeper and bats selfishly and too agressive for test cricket allowing the middle order to collapse.
I'm confused...you're saying he should take the gloves, and now he is taking the gloves you're ripping into him for taking the gloves?

jboss

Banned
I'm confused...you're saying he should take the gloves, and now he is taking the gloves you're ripping into him for taking the gloves?
No I am ripping into him for not doing it sooner. Now he can't make the team as a bat or keeper, at leat not in the current form. At least if he had taken the gloves he may have mad the keeper position his own. Now he looks terrible with bat and gloves. Had he of taken the gloves a year ago he probably would have mad more of a claim to be in side as a batsman/keeper. He is doing a poor job of making his selection understandable at present. Lets not foget that the batsman he is keeping out of the team have been (before this test match) Alviro, Rossouw and Elgar.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
And AB hasn't?
Of course he hasn't.

Last Test match he made a fine half century. Have you followed AB's career? He rarely has more than 2 failures in a row. A very consistent Test Cricketer who is an obvious pick as a batsman.

jboss

Banned
Of course he hasn't.

Last Test match he made a fine half century. Have you followed AB's career? He rarely has more than 2 failures in a row. A very consistent Test Cricketer who is an obvious pick as a batsman.
With duew respect, he does well but seems to have no focus on r mentle strength, with most of his dismissals due to lack of mental strength in the Test game.

As a middle order bat I measure him on his game according to the situation hi finds himself in when he comes in. It is easy to say he did well when he came in after a 350 run partnership but at times like these and vs Eng he looks suspect.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Duminy has failed so that's your 1 from 3.
And as for Duminy, jboss was in fact picking him before the series:

We could have a batting line up of
1)Smith
2)Elgar/Some other new batsman
3)Amla
4)Dumminy
5)Prince
6)Kallis
7)AB
8)bowler
9)bowler
10)bowler
11)bowler

That looks good but will never happen because AB is not a team player.
I fell that this would be the likely test team for the first test:

1)Smith
2)Elgar
3)AB
4)JP
5)Prince
6)Kallis
7)Boucher
8)Harris)
9)Morne
10)Tsotsobe/Langeveldt/Theron
11)Steyn

There are no concerns in the batting for me...
Team should be something along the line of..
Gibbs/Amla
Smith(not captain)
De Villiers
Dumminy
Van Wyk/Khun
Peterson
Botha(as captain with 100% win record vs Aus in Aus)
Mclaren
Morkell(He never deserved to be dropped from ODI squad).
Parnell
Steyn