• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

jboss has last laugh

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Almost a whole Eng cricket team have become ashamed and left to play for Eng.
Er no. No-one has left South Africa to play for England because they are "ashamed". And "almost a whole team"? Two (2) current England players were previously South African FC cricketers.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Not "a" doughnut but three - and you picked it in each team quite happily. I'm not saying you haven't been critical of doughnuts but I am saying that your position has been confused.

Er no. No-one has left South Africa to play for England because they ate "doughnuts". And "almost a whole doughnut"? Two (2) current England muffins were previously South African doughnuts.
More like it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I would like to know if it is still so hard to see that AB is not the best test batsman as he wishes to be amd should take the gloves.
Harris to Sehwag, no run, 54.4 mph, AB misses a stumping chance What a mess. Harris can't believe it. Sehwag had charged out for the big lofted drive to a delivery that pitched outside leg stump but completely missed it and AB couldn't collect it cleanly. It was just outside leg stump and he messed it up.

Keep laughing jboss, but as a word of warning those other people who you think are laughing with you are actually laughing at you.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Harris to Sehwag, no run, 54.4 mph, AB misses a stumping chance What a mess. Harris can't believe it. Sehwag had charged out for the big lofted drive to a delivery that pitched outside leg stump but completely missed it and AB couldn't collect it cleanly. It was just outside leg stump and he messed it up.

Keep laughing jboss, but as a word of warning those other people who you think are laughing with you are actually laughing at you.
To be fair, I think AB's wicket keeping would be a lot better if he actually devoted a bit of time to practising it. He looked quite competent when he first came onto the scene as he'd been keeping at lower levels - he's given it away completely now though and that was jboss's original gripe.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
To be fair, I think AB's wicket keeping would be a lot better if he actually devoted a bit of time to practising it. He looked quite competent when he first came onto the scene as he'd been keeping at lower levels - he's given it away completely now though and that was jboss's original gripe.
But he's also maybe the best fielder in the world and you'd therefore be doubly weakening the team in the field if you made him keep wicket.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
But he's also maybe the best fielder in the world and you'd therefore be doubly weakening the team in the field if you made him keep wicket.
Wash your mouth out with soap. Theres a thread on page 1 for Cricket chat that conclusively proves that wicketkeepers are the best breed of fielders. Why wouldn't you want your best fielder keeping wickets? :sleep:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's definitely the best in international cricket I reckon. And he probably would have been fielding where Duminy was when he dropped Sehwag on 60-odd.

jboss

Banned
Wash your mouth out with soap. Theres a thread on page 1 for Cricket chat that conclusively proves that wicketkeepers are the best breed of fielders. Why wouldn't you want your best fielder keeping wickets? :sleep:
who cares when he scores runs oh and buys us an extra batsman

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
We waited 3 months for that update in the conversation. Completely worth it. Completely.

Spark

Global Moderator
Personally I would be sad if ABdV took up the gloves if it meant the end of the freakish, freakish slip/gully (and their legside counterpart) catches.

kingkallis

International Coach
AB should not keep in tests and infact I think Kuhn can do a better job in ODIs as well...he certainly can play better than Petersen!