Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which team is stronger at home, India or Australia?

Which team is stronger at home, India or Australia?

It certainly isn't RSA even though they are the best test side in the world (IMO at least now).

India has lost 2 series in 2 decades and this will be India's first series loss in this decade which comes v RSA pretty early into the decade.

Australia is pretty strong at home too.

My cousin and I just raised this topic when discussing cricket without going into the details. Richard had said India is the stronger side at home giving some reasons not that long ago, if I am not mistaken.

EDIT - Mods, add a poll please.
    Last edited by Pratters; 13-02-2010 at 11:07 PM.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Australia are by far the strongest side if you look at the history. No subcontinental team has ever won a series in Australia. NZ have won once, SA have won once. Only England and WI have won multiple times.

If you look at the last decade, Australia stronger at home by virtue of being simply a stronger side overall. In the next decade, on basis of what's going on right now...I'd still give it to Australia .
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

And I have no idea how to add a poll.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    At the moment Australia, because they're producing pitches that their bowlers can use, and use better than the opposition. As I've said a couple of times in the SA-Ind thread, India needs to get back to those basics. Right now they're throwing away home field advantage.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

wtf. I'm not your cousin, pratters. I'm starting to doubt the existance of this cousin you mention in every thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Oh yes, I discussed this with GI Joe, not my cousin. SORRY. My cousin weighs 115-130 kilos and definitely exists A LOT.

damn right.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Overall I'd say Australia, but comparitive to their overall strength it's probably India. Famously Oz went over 30 years between test series wins in India before Gilchrist lead them to victory.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    It certainly isn't RSA even though they are the best test side in the world (IMO at least now).
    Interesting. Am I not correct in saying that since readmission, only Australia and England have won series in SA?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

yeah, but multiple times.

Banned
    India still is a tough team to beat in India, although recently some of its curators have no idea of a concept called home adv. Even in the dire 90s when it failed to win a single test overseas it still beat touring comfortably.

I'd say it is probably even, atm.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

I'd have to say that it's easier to win Test matches against India in India but not necessarily Test Match Series (2001 India Australia a case in point) than against Australia on their home turf

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Overall I'd say Australia, but comparitive to their overall strength it's probably India. Famously Oz went over 30 years between test series wins in India before Gilchrist lead them to victory.
    That's the right way to put it.

Overall it's Australia but that's because they're just tougher overall to beat. If you look at home advantage comparatively to their overall ability, it'd be India.

Australia won only once, and that was when a bunch of Indian batsman were out of form, rain saved them on one day, and the curator at Nagpur had it in for the BCCI (and Ganguly refused to play the Test in protest...). Err, not that I'm taking anything away from the win, but a lot of things generally have to happen for you to win in India. Or you can have Dale Steyn. One or the other...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I reckon it depends on the players in each touring side and their individual skillsets far too much to say. For Sri Lanka I suspect Australia would be much tougher to tour. For South Africa I'd have said India would be much tougher to tour. Results don't really support that specific thesis, but you get the point .
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information