• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which County do you support

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi guys,

Really want to put some more attention to County cricket this year so want to collect as much info as possible.

I started following county cricket last season, a bit late, but enjoyed it to the fullest.

I support Surrey as I'm a big fan of Mark Ramprakash and Kent.
A friend of mine's plays for Kent Uni and is a big fan of Kent, he infected me with the virus.

Any ideas, suggestions or remarks are welcome.

Cheers

Dano.85

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Somerset. Ever since i started watching/playing cricket about 15 years ago its been somerset.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Yorkshire is France, never been able to understand someone from yorkshire with the accompanying accent :p

erm..I guess i'm an Essex supporter, since I toured there and RtD plays there...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yorkshire due to being brought-up there (Northumberland where I was also brought-up are a Minor County, as are Devon where I've lived since the age of 11). Also have always had soft-spots for Surrey and to a lesser extent Kent.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Not sure what Murali has to do with this, but yeah Mushy was a big part of the reason. Imran loved playing there as well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kinda Yorkshire, but in a very, very, very half-arsed way. As a man of Cambs I'm a cricket fan without portfolio, really. Lived in Yorkshire for 3 years tho, so sort of adopted them.

Soft spot for Essex too, as they're my "local" county.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Essex are my 'local' County side given I'm from Suffolk, but if I'm honest I've always had more of a soft spot for Hampshire. I've always liked watching guys like Pietersen, Warne, Mascarenhas, Lumb, Carberry, and Cork; and with this years signings of Jones, Ali, Mendis, McKenzie and Afridi they're going to be good to watch next year too.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Good old Sussex by the sea!

It's where I was born and grew up and have always supported Sussex since the days of Tony Grieg (when I was basically a toddler) and later Imran, Parker, the Wells brothers, etc. The last few years have been unbelievable and we've had a lot of fine players, Mushy outstanding among them.

I now live in work-induced exile in London but get to Hove as often as I can, which isn't as often as I'd like.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Live in Cheshire, so Lancs.

Can't stand several sides, Hampshire, Slurrey and France prop up the pile though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Born & bred in Surrey, so that's that really. :)

Not much to cheer lately, but still fun to see the chips on both shoulders from some folks because we had the temerity to be rather good for a few years around the late 1990's / early 2000's.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Family comes from Surrey, so them. They're a bit **** at the moment though.