• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England and England A vs Pakistan & Pakistan A in the UAE

James

Cricket Web Owner
Play the Twenty20 series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket
Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1266230839​

Pakistan v England

Fri Feb 19
1st T20I - Pakistan v England
Dubai International Cricket Stadium

Sat Feb 20
2nd T20I - Pakistan v England

Pakistan A v England A

Wed Feb 10
United Arab Emirates A v England Lions
Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium

Fri Feb 12
England Lions v Pakistan A

Sun Feb 14

Tue Feb 16
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Wed Feb 17
England v England Lions
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Mon Feb 22

Wed Feb 24

Fri Feb 26

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The First-Class matches on this might be vaguely interesting, but I do hope Pakistan A manage some less diabolical catching than the seniors in Australia recently.

Wouldn't hold the breath mind.

Dano.85

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
England lions (a) played the uae on wednesday and won by 50 odd runs, peter trego got man of the match smashing 25 off 11 balls at the end of the innings and taking 2-14 off his 4 overs, bell, kieswetter also chiped in with runs.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Nice to see Kieswetter get a few runs. He made a few runs in the first game of the England Lions tour. Outplayed Steve Davies in the 2 games so far.

Dano.85

England lions (a) played the uae on wednesday and won by 50 odd runs, peter trego got man of the match smashing 25 off 11 balls at the end of the innings and taking 2-14 off his 4 overs, bell, kieswetter also chiped in with runs.
Sorry trego got 25 off 10 ball, tredwell took 3-22, davies scored 21 and sajid mahmood went for 19 off his first over (that was for richard the saj bit, i know he loves saj ha ha ha)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's the point of no-hopers like Kirby going on a tour like that? I'd mention Saj too except these ****ing morons keep picking him for the full England squad.

To me England just use these A/Lions etc. tours as a pat on the head, guys like Mark Davies does well in them then what a surprise the selectors take no notice and before you know it Saj the useless magically appears in the full squad again after doing sweet FA.

Dano.85

As a somerset fan i am very pleased for keiswetter and cant wait to see him back at taunton in county cricket and trego to.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Kieswetter blasted Pak A bowlers....wonder if Mohammad Talha is actually as good as some people say he is....but then again its a T20, anyone can get owned in this format...

The_roc

U19 Captain
What's the point of no-hopers like Kirby going on a tour like that? I'd mention Saj too except these ****ing morons keep picking him for the full England squad.

As a Somerset fan pleased to see Trego and Keiswetter making meaningful contributions.

Regarding Kirby, I saw him a couple of times last season and thought he was a decent bowler. Probably a bit old to have a meaningful England career. As for Saj, don't even go there. He's a less acurate version of Devon Malcolm.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
He's a less acurate version of Devon Malcolm.
You think? I dont think he is close to as quick as Big Dev and the accuracy thing is different also. Malcolm pushed a lot on the legs of the batsman and was pretty eratic.

Regarding Kirby. I think he was a prospect in his Yorks days but he ship should have sailed by now.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Regarding Kirby. I think he was a prospect in his Yorks days but he ship should have sailed by now.
Sailed and out of sight imo. Last I heard, the bloke in the crow's nest was announcing that the end of the world was in sight.

(c) Hamlet advert from about 30 years ago.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
His First Class record looks pretty solid and seeing him bowl recently in T20s and ODs on TV, his speed doesn't look too shabby either, often pushing 140kph. Tbf, he has just had two strong FC seasons too, with 40 wickets in 2008 and 64 wickets at 22.18 in 2009.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, but he's 32 now. England A sides should be to some extent about players who have a future of decent length. The best anyone is going to get out of Kirby now, in 2010, is a year or two. The absolute best.

I don't think he should be playing for England A really.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Another good win for the England Lions yesterday. Bowled first, and bowled Pakistan A out for 106. All the bowlers picked up a wicket bar Trego. Woakes took 2/23, Tredwell took 1/12, Kirby took 1/26, Mahmood took 2/22 but the pick of the bowlers was Rashid who took 3/13. England then took their time knocking off the runs, ending the game in the 17th over. Kieswetter starred with the bat once again, making another solid 40*, he really is in excellent form atm, and has outplayed Steven Davies in every match so far. Possible late England inclusion for the upcoming ODi series'? Be a better option than Prior that's for sure.

Xuhaib

International Coach
dire selection again.Selecting a 20-20 side on basis of 4 day performances is never a good idea apart from Shazaib Hassan all of them are steady batsman rather then smashers.

Heard there were 2 dropped catches yesterday good to see the feilding tradition will continue in the future.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Just waiting on PCB to make a mess of T20 team as well.......the only place where we can compete a bit in today's cricket.

King Pietersen

International Captain
England Lions lost their first game of the tour today, but guess what, Kieswetter made more runs (his run of scores for the Lions so far: 31, 77*, 40* and 50). Another half century to add to the runs he'd already scored. Surely has to be an option to be moved into the main squad. He's outperformed Davies in every single match so far, and is surely a better option in the ODi and T20 sides than Matt Prior. He qualified for England today too, get him in the side I think.

Last edited:

Dano.85

England Lions lost their first game of the tour today, but guess what, Kieswetter made more runs (his run of scores for the Lions so far: 31, 77*, 40* and 50). Another half century to add to the runs he'd already scored. Surely has to be an option to be moved into the main squad. He's outperformed Davies in every single match so far, and is surely a better option in the ODi and T20 sides than Matt Prior. He qualified for England today too, get him in the side I think.
I have to agree give him a shot in the t20s at least.

King Pietersen

International Captain
England haven't started brilliantly against the Lions. 50/2 from 8 overs. Trott gone for 24 off 27, Denly gone for 4 from 3 (why on earth is he still in this side?) and now Pietersen (13 from 17) and Collingwood (1 from 1) are at the crease. Great start lads.