England Lions v Pakistan A
    Dubai International Cricket Stadium

Wed Feb 24

Fri Feb 26
    Last edited by James; 16-02-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    The First-Class matches on this might be vaguely interesting, but I do hope Pakistan A manage some less diabolical catching than the seniors in Australia recently.

Wouldn't hold the breath mind.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Dano.85's Avatar
    England lions (a) played the uae on wednesday and won by 50 odd runs, peter trego got man of the match smashing 25 off 11 balls at the end of the innings and taking 2-14 off his 4 overs, bell, kieswetter also chiped in with runs.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Nice to see Kieswetter get a few runs. He made a few runs in the first game of the England Lions tour. Outplayed Steve Davies in the 2 games so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dano.85 View Post
    England lions (a) played the uae on wednesday and won by 50 odd runs, peter trego got man of the match smashing 25 off 11 balls at the end of the innings and taking 2-14 off his 4 overs, bell, kieswetter also chiped in with runs.
    Sorry trego got 25 off 10 ball, tredwell took 3-22, davies scored 21 and sajid mahmood went for 19 off his first over (that was for richard the saj bit, i know he loves saj ha ha ha)

What's the point of no-hopers like Kirby going on a tour like that? I'd mention Saj too except these ****ing morons keep picking him for the full England squad.

To me England just use these A/Lions etc. tours as a pat on the head, guys like Mark Davies does well in them then what a surprise the selectors take no notice and before you know it Saj the useless magically appears in the full squad again after doing sweet FA.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

As a somerset fan i am very pleased for keiswetter and cant wait to see him back at taunton in county cricket and trego to.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Kieswetter blasted Pak A bowlers....wonder if Mohammad Talha is actually as good as some people say he is....but then again its a T20, anyone can get owned in this format...
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    What's the point of no-hopers like Kirby going on a tour like that? I'd mention Saj too except these ****ing morons keep picking him for the full England squad.

As a Somerset fan pleased to see Trego and Keiswetter making meaningful contributions.

Regarding Kirby, I saw him a couple of times last season and thought he was a decent bowler. Probably a bit old to have a meaningful England career. As for Saj, don't even go there. He's a less acurate version of Devon Malcolm.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by The_roc View Post
    He's a less acurate version of Devon Malcolm.
    You think? I dont think he is close to as quick as Big Dev and the accuracy thing is different also. Malcolm pushed a lot on the legs of the batsman and was pretty eratic.

Regarding Kirby. I think he was a prospect in his Yorks days but he ship should have sailed by now.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Regarding Kirby. I think he was a prospect in his Yorks days but he ship should have sailed by now.
    Sailed and out of sight imo. Last I heard, the bloke in the crow's nest was announcing that the end of the world was in sight.

(c) Hamlet advert from about 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    His First Class record looks pretty solid and seeing him bowl recently in T20s and ODs on TV, his speed doesn't look too shabby either, often pushing 140kph. Tbf, he has just had two strong FC seasons too, with 40 wickets in 2008 and 64 wickets at 22.18 in 2009.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Yeah, but he's 32 now. England A sides should be to some extent about players who have a future of decent length. The best anyone is going to get out of Kirby now, in 2010, is a year or two. The absolute best.

I don't think he should be playing for England A really.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Another good win for the England Lions yesterday. Bowled first, and bowled Pakistan A out for 106. All the bowlers picked up a wicket bar Trego. Woakes took 2/23, Tredwell took 1/12, Kirby took 1/26, Mahmood took 2/22 but the pick of the bowlers was Rashid who took 3/13. England then took their time knocking off the runs, ending the game in the 17th over. Kieswetter starred with the bat once again, making another solid 40*, he really is in excellent form atm, and has outplayed Steven Davies in every match so far. Possible late England inclusion for the upcoming ODi series'? Be a better option than Prior that's for sure.

dire selection again.Selecting a 20-20 side on basis of 4 day performances is never a good idea apart from Shazaib Hassan all of them are steady batsman rather then smashers.

Heard there were 2 dropped catches yesterday good to see the feilding tradition will continue in the future.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information