• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England and England A vs Pakistan & Pakistan A in the UAE

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
England haven't started brilliantly against the Lions. 50/2 from 8 overs. Trott gone for 24 off 27, Denly gone for 4 from 3 (why on earth is he still in this side?) and now Pietersen (13 from 17) and Collingwood (1 from 1) are at the crease. Great start lads.
It is 55/3. If this and the win of Pakistan A over Pakistan shows anything, it is the priceless value of practicing in the conditions and getting match fit for a contest with prior games.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yeah, the England side could really have done with more preperation time. The first Pakistan game is on Friday, we're so screwed. Rashid's giving a good account of himself though, which is good, I'd much rather see him in the side in place of Tredwell. Think he got harshly treated after getting spanked about by Smith and Bosman. 5.54 runs an over is just not good enough in a T20 game. Just hoping that Kieswetter gets a few runs in the chase now.

4 down. Pietersen gone, 2nd wicket for Rashid.

This is getting embarrassing, 5 down now. Morgan gone lbw to Rashid, taking his figures to 3/13. England 68/5 from 11.5 overs.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, the England side could really have done with more preperation time. The first Pakistan game is on Friday, we're so screwed. Rashid's giving a good account of himself though, which is good, I'd much rather see him in the side in place of Tredwell. Think he got harshly treated after getting spanked about by Smith and Bosman. 5.54 runs an over is just not good enough in a T20 game. Just hoping that Kieswetter gets a few runs in the chase now.

This is getting embarrassing, 5 down now. Morgan gone lbw to Rashid, taking his figures to 3/13. England 68/5 from 11.5 overs.
As I said, it is little to do with the quality of the teams and more about the value of preparation. This is a little pointless tour, but for big important tours, tour matches and time to get accustomed to the conditions is invaluable as it can signal the difference between a poor team and a good team.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Who gives a **** though? Series has practically no importance or worth.

Incidentally, I do think England will beat Pakistan.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Good effort from Luke Wright to get the Lions upto a decent score. Kieswetter and Lumb are doing it easy atm though. Kieswetter's done excellently, he was striking at 50 last time I checked the scorecard, and he's now striking at over 100. Michael Lumb looks a good player too, was impressed whenever I saw him last season.

This is weird, first Kieswetter retired hurt and is now back out there scoring runs, and now Lumb's retired hurt too. Guessing it was a mistake on the scorecard and they retired out instead of hurt.

Last edited:

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Kieswetter is unreal. Please go home and never play for England again now Prior. You're not needed. We have God mk.II.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan batting first, England unchanged from side against the Lions. That means Denly opens :@

King Pietersen

International Captain
Hopefully Denly'll get a first baller and be dropped for the 2nd game. He should be able to get away with playing everything aerial today though, it's not like there's any risk of being caught =P

KP sounds like he's up for this series and the cricket coming up. Just needs to bin that face fungus and he'll be sorted.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
God this is crap from Pakistan, we should win this one pretty easily but you never know.

Still cannot handle that 'honest whole hearted cricketer' Tim Bresnan being in the side.