• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England and England A vs Pakistan & Pakistan A in the UAE

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I have great respect for this guy from the beginning. Plays his heart out regardless of form...PCB has made a mockery of many players, add Razzaq to that.

I must say that he has one the most "low maintenance" type personality out of the other bunch. He only got in trouble with PCB when he was dropped from the squad for T20 World Cup in SA 2007....that was a very big blow to everyone...and that's why he left for ICL....a player like Razzaq should be an easy pick for a T20 squad.

At T20 level his bowling has been great....even in the final against SL he took 3 important wickets. Which if he wouldn't have taken, the score would be easily reaching 180 the way Jayasuria was playing...but credit is always given to Afridi for his knock....Afridi's fifty would have been far from enough to seal it had the score been posted above 150....

Razzaq is one of those players to me who deserves more credit then given.......

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Kieswetter goes out of the side, and the batting collapses. Steve Davies is yet to make a score of note all tour, quite disappointing. Nice to see Belly score a few runs and Wainwright bowl well, just a shame about the rest of the XI. Surprised that Wainwright took 3/26 whilst Rashid took 0/38 too, can only remember Adil bowling well/taking wickets in 1 game on this tour so far. He could have done with a few wickets to get him firmly back in the selectors minds.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Speaking of which, as far as I know I'm the only person on here to have watched that game, and he was absolutely awful in that innings. Pretty sure he played and missed a good 25% of the balls he faced, and even when he got out his strike rate rendered his innings mediocre at best. Regan West made him look an absolute embarrassment. I've barely seen a worse ODI fifty in my life.

On the other hand, batting that day was anything but easy for England's batsmen- I'm pretty sure Denly top-scored, and England only won the match after a horrendous Irish choke. Denly was lucky as hell to score fifty in that innings, but it's not really an example of him cashing in when the going's good. Ireland were way below full-strength but there was some good bowling going on.
I was there too, and agree it was awful.