• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 On The Debut Ball?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Such things are not invariably recorded so there can be no certain yes or no answer, but I'm not aware of any such instance. If one ever happened it'd have to be regarded as about the ultimate shock.

Dydl

International Debutant
I don't know about any batsmen, but Alyssa Healy yesterday hit three fours from her first three balls of international cricket. Not a bad start.

Last edited:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Pretty sure Mitchell Johnson hit a 6 facing his first ball in his ODI debut against India.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mitchell Johnson made his ODI debut against New Zealand and could not have batted in that game if Australia were bowled-out as he was the Supersub who was only brought on when Australia's total-setting innings was complete.

Johnson's next ODI came against South Africa, and although he came to the crease in it he did not face a ball. His first ODI innings came against West Indies in the DLF Cup in 2006/07. He did strike a six in that knock, but it came off his 5th delivery, not his 1st.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sohail Tanvir hit a six with his first ball he faced in international cricket (in the 2007 T20 World Cup), though it took him several matches to actually get a bat so it wasn't on debut - still an impressive feat though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Haroon Rasheed hooked Thommo for six first ball in his debut innigs at Sydney.I played for his acadamy for 2 years. In all his pep talks before a game we all knew this would come up at some point

It actually got boring after a while:D

Shri

Mr. Glass
Phillo Wallace hit Srinath for a six in the first ball of an ODI. Not sure if it was his debut.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I can faintly remember Afridi hit his 2nd ball over the boundry.
Similarly Yusuf Pathan also hit a six off his second ball in his international debut (also in the 2007 T20 World Cup). I think we'll find as more players make their first appearances in Twenty20 cricket theres bound to be a greater number of players achieving this feat.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Similarly Yusuf Pathan also hit a six off his second ball in his international debut (also in the 2007 T20 World Cup). I think we'll find as more players make their first appearances in Twenty20 cricket theres bound to be a greater number of players achieving this feat.
Ya even I thought of Yusuf but it was 2nd ball, Still a great way to make a debut. Wasn't just sure if it was a 6 or 4.