• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

which International cricket team you liked most other than You National team And Why?

Riggins

International Captain
south africe, love watching de villiers and kallis. also to a lesser extent neil mckenzie

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
West Indies. Just want them to return to their dominating ways with fast bowling and destructive batting.

Plus they're so cool.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka but I like quite a few sides at the moment, always want West Indies to do well, have loved India's batting lineup for years and I even quite like Australia these days.

asty80

School Boy/Girl Captain
WI..the calypso flavor is always enticing, though they seem more suited for T20's these days :(

Shri

Mr. Glass
Can't separate West Indies and Australia. WI when Lara was playing. Australia until Hayden's retirement.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I just want everyone to lose.
Well that'll be a bit difficult.

Anyway personally have always had South Africa as my second-favourite team since 1998, because they were the participants in the brilliant series which drew my attention fully and properly to the game for the first time. Sometimes prefer to see South Africa come out on top against England, but not always.

Sri Lanka probably come next, purely for the reason that so many of my favourite players have been Sri Lankan (Aravinda, Vaas, Murali, Atapattu, Sangakkara, etc.).

Of the others I'm probably pretty neutral on Pakistan, New Zealand, India, West Indies and (in the days when they were a serious side) Zimbabwe. Always enjoyed Australia getting beaten, purely because as an England fan it's inevitable. Usually tend to support the home team as well, purely because I see cricket as at its best when touring is a real challenge and all sides are difficult to beat at home.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Can't say I like any team more than my own (and its not that I really like my own team - there's a few elements I'd like to get rid of), but closest would be New Zealand and Sri Lanka from among the test nations. England too, depending on the opposition.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I personally have followed a lot of South African intl. cricket and i am a big fan of the SA bowlers over the years....Donald and Pollock were one of the most furious bowlers....then came Nel, Ntini and ofcourse Kallis is always there....Now you see Morkel, Steyn....i personally have liked the bowlers that SA has given to the world cricket....

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
South Africa for me, that ODI happened just as I was beginning to show an interest in cricket. Fell in love with Herschelle Gibbs after that(have since fallen out of love). Following that I watched some Tests and loved their side.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
England. Because they complain and cry less than New Zealand, South Africa and India and England still focuses on test cricket.

West Indies and Pakistan are too inconsistent with their attitudes. Virtually all West Indies players being out "injured" 1 month before the IPL. Hmmm.

Sri Lankan fans are annoying though their team is a lot more likeable these days than years before.

Sir Alex

Banned
England. They just fit the stereotype of loveable, boring guys who sometimes just punch above their weights but then as if they committed a grave violation come back to mediocrity.