Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another comical moment on the cards

Another comical moment on the cards

Quick question, was there ever any justification given for getting rid of Lawson?

I give this two months btw.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Quick question, was there ever any justification given for getting rid of Lawson?

Keeping Lawson would have been logical, PCB and logic can never be applied together.

I loved Lawson.

This is going to end in disaster though

Looking forward to the sequel of the DVD special 'Guru Greg'
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Banned
    When I saw comical in the thread title I immediately thought this must involve the PCB.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Xenophobia.
    RIP Craigos

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Well, TBH, and not that i want to defend in anyway or form the PCB at this time or the crimes against Pakistan Cricket that they have committed....This might just click for Pakistan.....I just have a feeling that a bunch of barbarians like the Pakistan Cricketers have become, Chappell might just be that devil who might punish them and perhaps put them on the right track.....

I personally thought Lawson was a very "good guy" for our cricketers....we need more of a coersive devilish coach...rather then a softy like Lawson....

Also Ijaz Ahmed the U19 Coach is going to be with Pakistan in UAE against Eng T20s......so lets see how well he does the job...but 2 T20s is hardly a measurable tool to see Ijaz..
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 09-02-2010 at 09:20 AM.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Well Afridi likes to do what 'every other team does' and Chappell likes his bowlers bowling with 'unconventional' action for one delivery if it means it will win them a game. They could certainly click.

I wonder how is he going to get along with guys like shoaib akhtar and shahid afridi..I don't think this will work.. Bring Lawson back.. he was very good..

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    I wonder how is he going to get along with guys like shoaib akhtar and shahid afridi..I don't think this will work.. Bring Lawson back.. he was very good..
    I wouldn't mind seeing Aaqib in the coaching position either.....

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar

Pakistan lost both the test and ODI series to India in 2007. When Pakistan lose to India, heads roll.

Anyway, I agree with Xuhaib. This is a ridiculous move. What upsets me about PCB is they keep doing the same things over and over again, just rotating the same failed policies thats all..
    When they sacked Lawson, they said the last two foreign coaches Woolmer and Lawson had failed so no more foreign coaches..only national coaches.

Now that Intikhar has failed, its back to foreign coaches.

Dont they realize that a coach has very little to do with an actual match at the international level? This is not football where the manager plays the most important part.
    Coach's scope is limited. Greg Chappell cannot change the fact that Imran Farhat and Salman Butt, being openers move their feet across and get lbw, or play away from their body and get nicked. He cant change the fact that Faisal Iqbal is a pathetic batsman nor can he change the fact that Mohammad Yousuf consistently fails against top quality teams overseas.

The change has to come at the grassroot level, so that in 4-5 years time, the newer players dont have these deficiencies!

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Thankfully Greg Chappell has declined the offer.. I kind of expected this because no foreigners are willing to come to Pakistan now anyway!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Pakistan lost both the test and ODI series to India in 2007. When Pakistan lose to India, heads roll.

Anyway, I agree with Xuhaib. This is a ridiculous move. What upsets me about PCB is they keep doing the same things over and over again, just rotating the same failed policies thats all..
    When they sacked Lawson, they said the last two foreign coaches Woolmer and Lawson had failed so no more foreign coaches..only national coaches.

Now that Intikhar has failed, its back to foreign coaches.

Dont they realize that a coach has very little to do with an actual match at the international level? This is not football where the manager plays the most important part.
    Coach's scope is limited. Greg Chappell cannot change the fact that Imran Farhat and Salman Butt, being openers move their feet across and get lbw, or play away from their body and get nicked. He cant change the fact that Faisal Iqbal is a pathetic batsman nor can he change the fact that Mohammad Yousuf consistently fails against top quality teams overseas.

The change has to come at the grassroot level, so that in 4-5 years time, the newer players dont have these deficiencies!
    Yeah unfortunately Pakistan is still obsessed with India. No matter how good their palyers do, if they cannot perform against India they are out. And vice versa. No matter how terrible they are otherwise, if they perform against India, they are in for ever. (Akmal, Butt, Khan) etc. I think this mentatlity should change. India is just another team out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Yeah unfortunately Pakistan is still obsessed with India. No matter how good their palyers do, if they cannot perform against India they are out. And vice versa. No matter how terrible they are otherwise, if they perform against India, they are in for ever. (Akmal, Butt, Khan) etc. I think this mentatlity should change. India is just another team out there.
    This is one dire post.

Butt and Akmal are in because there is no better alternatives and YK is a brilliant bat so will score runs India or no India.Pakstan batsman do well against India because Indian bowling is of much poor quality compared to other major sides not because they suddenly get a turbo boost when facing India.

I thought precam had improved I guess I was wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information