• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rajasthan reveal global team deal

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This player sharing could get interesting for the CL.

Who gets such and such? Rajasthan (sic) or Hampshire? etc
This was already a bit of an issue, would expect that if they both reached the CL that Hampshire would get Dimi and Lumb as their main contract is with them (plus they are far from guarenteed to be in the Rajasthan team) and that any players going the other direction would play for Rajasthan.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
So to break it down, they want to bring together a group of teams that'll bear a common logo, sponsor etc, exchange players amongst themselves, and play matches amongst themselves at different venues.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck. Sounds like a parallel league in all but name. No way is the BCCI going to tolerate this without some majorly crippling conditions.

Sir Alex

Banned
So to break it down, they want to bring together a group of teams that'll bear a common logo, sponsor etc, exchange players amongst themselves, and play matches amongst themselves at different venues.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck. Sounds like a parallel league in all but name. No way is the BCCI going to tolerate this without some majorly crippling conditions.
GI Joe, I am not getting it. They are not playing each other right? So what is wrong in this? BCCI is not going to lose control, and it's money is not going to get affected.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
So what, Shane Warne could play for T&T? I don't really understand, do these teams share players etc or is it like coca-cola owning multiple brands such as Powerade, L&P, Fanta etc etc? With all the prize money going to the royals brand. So if Rajastan plays T&T in the final both winnings go to the royals brand. If that is the case then I think it is a brilliant economic decision and hope a NZ team gets into this deal.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
GI Joe, I am not getting it. They are not playing each other right? So what is wrong in this? BCCI is not going to lose control, and it's money is not going to get affected.
They are planning on playing each other outside their respective leagues. Thats the problem.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Makes commercial sense, but I am wondering if Rajasthan play the Cope Cobras (for e.g.) in the Champions League final it'll be Royals vs. Royals. That's the only (very minor) downside.

Sir Alex

Banned
Makes commercial sense, but I am wondering if Rajasthan play the Cope Cobras (for e.g.) in the Champions League final it'll be Royals vs. Royals. That's the only (very minor) downside.
Will lead to allegations of fixing and matches being 'friendly" however.

Pothas

Don't see how it is a rival league, all the teams included are very much commited to playing in their own league, it is creating that same team identity across all the compeitions that is the idea.

Yes they might play each other but can't see them being much more than friendly matches, Rajasthan have already played a match in England for example.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Don't see how it is a rival league, all the teams included are very much commited to playing in their own league, it is creating that same team identity across all the compeitions that is the idea.

Yes they might play each other but can't see them being much more than friendly matches, Rajasthan have already played a match in England for example.
But they're talking of holding 'festivals' all over the world. Once they regularly play each other over the year, Modi is going to consider it a threat to the Champions league T20.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You can't own the Hampshire, Victoria teams, they are not private entities as far as I know.
Hampshire actually are, and have been since EDIT 2001.

So much so that they were termed "Rod Bransgroveshire" in Wisden in 2003.

Last edited:

Pothas

Hampshire actually are, and have been since (IIRR) 1998.

So much so that they were termed "Rod Bransgroveshire" in Wisden in 2003.
Was not until 2001, when Brangsrove came and saved us from financial ruin brought about largely from building the rose bowl which was moslty funded by the lottery. It was then that we became a privitate company and things stopped being run by the members commitee.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yup, I know the details, just managed to get myself 3 years ahead of time somehow. :wacko: