Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rajasthan reveal global team deal

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    But ownership of the clubs is separate to ownership of the brand. Owning the brand is owning the marketing (and possibly image) rights, surely. The club is still technically owned privately.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    But ownership of the clubs is separate to ownership of the brand. Owning the brand is owning the marketing (and possibly image) rights, surely. The club is still technically owned privately.
    Well if this it how it works out, this would be a fair setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Depends how CA structure it really. With this coming up they might do it in such a way that prevents a deal like this in a new competition. They might not have any ownership rights but they do have a lot of power. But you never know, they may not mind at all (esp with Champions League dealings, they might let it slide).
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Depends how CA structure it really. With this coming up they might do it in such a way that prevents a deal like this in a new competition. They might not have any ownership rights but they do have a lot of power. But you never know, they may not mind at all (esp with Champions League dealings, they might let it slide).
    Well yes, of course they've got a lot of power. But there must still be sufficient power remaining with the clubs to justify the move. Either that or there's sufficient money to be made to justify the move.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Not sure why CA might have a problem with it, unless they think it is interfering in development of cricket players or something. If it merely results in more exposure and more money, I'd think they'd be all for it as long as the club still remains independant.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo View Post
    Yeah, exactly, Hampshire are their own free entity, albeit heavily reliant on the ECB.
    Far less so than most counties, not really the point though I suppose.

I am now supposed to be a supporter of the 'Royals' around the globe. Kind of followed Rajasthan anyway because of Warney and Dimi but cannot see myself really cheering on the others, have alliegance to WA in Australia anyway. Makes sense from a marketing point of view I suppose, we might finally be decent at twenty20 this year, have been pretty poor up to now.

Be interesting to see what happens with the players all playing for the same side, as SS mentioned it could certainly not be imposed.

get warney on the line !

Wouldn't be surprised to see a Victorian "franchise" being called the Royals in the future.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    This player sharing could get interesting for the CL.

Who gets such and such? Rajasthan (sic) or Hampshire? etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Banned
    Another visionary mve

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This player sharing could get interesting for the CL.

Who gets such and such? Rajasthan (sic) or Hampshire? etc
    This was already a bit of an issue, would expect that if they both reached the CL that Hampshire would get Dimi and Lumb as their main contract is with them (plus they are far from guarenteed to be in the Rajasthan team) and that any players going the other direction would play for Rajasthan.

So to break it down, they want to bring together a group of teams that'll bear a common logo, sponsor etc, exchange players amongst themselves, and play matches amongst themselves at different venues.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck. Sounds like a parallel league in all but name. No way is the BCCI going to tolerate this without some majorly crippling conditions.
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    So to break it down, they want to bring together a group of teams that'll bear a common logo, sponsor etc, exchange players amongst themselves, and play matches amongst themselves at different venues.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck. Sounds like a parallel league in all but name. No way is the BCCI going to tolerate this without some majorly crippling conditions.
    GI Joe, I am not getting it. They are not playing each other right? So what is wrong in this? BCCI is not going to lose control, and it's money is not going to get affected.

I can't imagine them announcing it without a go ahead from Modi and co.

So what, Shane Warne could play for T&T? I don't really understand, do these teams share players etc or is it like coca-cola owning multiple brands such as Powerade, L&P, Fanta etc etc? With all the prize money going to the royals brand. So if Rajastan plays T&T in the final both winnings go to the royals brand. If that is the case then I think it is a brilliant economic decision and hope a NZ team gets into this deal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information