• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best match winning innings you have seen?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Cant really coment on goochs ings i never saw it, i have only seen bothams ings on espn classics.
It probably wouldn't look spectacular on a highlights show. But a quick look at the scorecard, the quality of the WI attack, and how their batsmen struggled against our much lesser attack should all give a few clues.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yup, DeFreitas was a quality bowler in conditions like those, but if DeFreitas is a quality bowler you can only imagine what the conditions will make Ambrose, Marshall and Walsh (less so Patterson) like.

I've only ever seen incredibly brief bits and pieces from Gooch's Headingley '91 knock (and have never managed to find anything featuring it online) but there's no question in my mind it's up with the best innings' ever played in Test cricket.