• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hawkeye on cricinfo

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Love this new feature. Bowling speeds, beehives, player v player analysis, the works.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
****ing awesome.

Love Cricinfo's development in the last 12-18 months. Truly becoming the home for every type of cricket fan.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's become a bit more well-rounded, and appealing more to a wider range of fans. And as much as people may hate it, ESPN money has a lot to do with it.

Dissector

International Debutant
Just found out about this. Amazing stuff and should be grist for a lot of interesting discussions here. You can even click on an individual delivery to get an animation.

Sir Alex

Banned
It is excellent. Particularly loved the variable bounce analyis and speeds for every delivery. How do they manage to capture such data without having a broadcaster tie up is beyond me.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Brilliant. This adds a new dimentional to cricket debates. Much better than looking back at scorecards, now you can actually have the hawkeye to prove your point.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Brilliant. This adds a new dimentional to cricket debates. Much better than looking back at scorecards, now you can actually have the hawkeye to prove your point.
Am I the only one who's read that and had their enthusiam for cricinfo's service quashed instantly?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Haha clowns.

Am I the only one who's read that and had their enthusiam for cricinfo's service quashed instantly?
Yes because now i will become INVINCIBLEEEEEE in cricket debates & you cant take it:laugh:

Uppercut said:
Sometimes aussie's posts quash my enthusiasm for life tbh.
I'm not doing a good enough then. Since by now my posts should have ended your life.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He already killed a Matteh remember, you should watch out.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha clowns.

Yes because now i will become INVINCIBLEEEEEE in cricket debates & you cant take it:laugh:

I'm not doing a good enough then. Since by now my posts should have ended your life.
You're only invincible because I try and adhere to the "never argue with an idiot, as they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience" mantra.

pasag

RTDAS
It's very good but the extended in-game stats really impressed me when they came out not long ago. Awesome companion to watching the cricket.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
You're only invincible because I try and adhere to the "never argue with an idiot, as they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience" mantra.
Haha, i love you CWers & the internet tuff talk.

I have be told not to insult anyone anymore. Lets see what the moderators will do about you breaking forum rules.

But either way since you think i'm such an idiot when it comes to my views on cricket. Let me give you my usual cricket quizz. If you can't answer this 10 questions accurately, then you won't have any credibily left to question anything i ever say again:

1. Who is credited with inventing the googly?

2. This West Indian fast-bowler cut short the career of a batsman by hitting him the skull in a test match in the 60s. Who was the bowler & the batsman in this incident?

3. He was a Yorkshire & ENG cricketer & captain (who played for ENG in early 20th century), soldier, Politian. Who was he?

4. This 19th century Australian bowler once bowled a delivery that left a dent in the batsman's back. Who was he?.

5. Who took ENGs first post-war hattrick?

6. In one freak occrance in test history. This bowler finished with figures of 32-27-5-0 and bowling a record 21 consecutive maiden overs in this spell. Who was he?.

7. He is credited as being New Zealand's premier spin bowler in their immediate post war years. Who was he?.

8. This classy Pakistan opener. Retired from cricket to pursue a career in acting who was he?

9. He was the first spinner to get Tendulkar out stumped in a test match. Who was he?

10. He was first debutant in test history to be out out first ball of a test. Who was he?

30 minutes to answer & you need to get more than 5 correct....

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, i love you CWers & the internet tuff talk.

I have be told not to insult anyone anymore. Lets see what the moderators will do about you breaking forum rules.

But either way since you think i'm such an idiot when it comes to my views on cricket. Let me give you my usual cricket quizz. If you can't answer this 10 questions accurately, then you won't have any credibily left to question anything i ever say again:

1. Who is credited with inventing the googly?

2. This West Indian fast-bowler ended cut short the of a batsman by hitting him the skull in a test match in the 60s. Who was the bowler & the batsman in this incident?

3. He was a Yorkshire & ENG cricketer & captain (who played for ENG in early 20th century), soldier, Politian. Who was he?

4. This 19th century Australian bowler once bowled a delivery that left a dent in the batsman's back. Who was he?.

5. Who took ENGs first post-war hattrick?

6. In one freak occrance in test history. This bowler finished with figures of 32-27-5-0 and bowling a record 21 consecutive maiden overs in this spell. Who was he?.

7. He is credited as being New Zealand's premier spin bowler in their immediate post war years. Who was he?.

8. This classy Pakistan opener. Retired from cricket to pursue a career in acting who was he?

9. He was the first spinner to get Tendulkar out stumped in a test match. Who was he?

10. He was first debutant in test history to be out out first ball of a test. Who was he?

30 minutes to answer & you need to get more than 5 correct....
Honestly aussie, giving someone a cricketing knowledge quiz to give people the right to question you comes off as pretty arrogant and even worse, incredibly childish. Glenn McGrath might not be able to tell you the first spinner to get Tendulkar out stumped in a test match, but he sure as hell would know more about cricket than you, me or pretty much anyone else on the forum. Knowing a few random facts does not suddenly make you a god of cricketing knowledge.