• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Duleep Trophy 2010 Final

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yes, it was. The fact is though that picking stars and having a smaller number of teams would have a higher level of competition.

At a more fundamental level with India's FC rules: I just don't like somethings. The first innings business is terrible - you can get to the finals of Ranji trophy by winning barely any games.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
At a more fundamental level with India's FC rules: I just don't like somethings. The first innings business is terrible - you can get to the finals of Ranji trophy by winning barely any games.
Join the club.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yes, it was. The fact is though that picking stars and having a smaller number of teams would have a higher level of competition.

Never going to happen though. Ranji teams are state based, and run by the state associations. The zonal teams have no cricketing body responsible for their performances and upkeep. There's no South Cricket Association or West cricket association. There never will be. Besides they get together for something like just 4 games a season. The Ranji teams stay together on the road throughout.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

First innings points exists in Australian domestic cricket.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea but you get 3 points for a first innings lead in a drawn match in Ranji Trophy and only 5 for winning outright. Sheffield shield, you get 2 instead of six. That's a pretty significant difference (60% of points vs. 33%).

And the pitches could also be an issue, but either way, there are way too many draws in Ranji Trophy. I think one of the finalists this year had only one win the entire season.....

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't believe they dropped him 5 times.

Sounds like a freakish and gutsy knock.
That was unlike South, who have (collectively) the best fielders in the country. These things do happen. The important aspect was that he capitalised on it and made those chances count.

This game should do him a lot of good, as it was truly a smart innings. He didn't play for stats, or to look good on TV, but for the match. He knew when to hit, when to run across, how to manage the tail, and while the technique was hardly perfect, the innings was practical. If he can turn in good bowling performances in the forthcoming Vijay Hazare trophy, he can make his way back, and can earn a place as a limited-overs spinner. There's always brother for a little help- Irfan is captain of Baroda.

pasag

RTDAS
First innings points can turn the middle of the game into a thriller, remember some awesome FC matches that really had everyone on the edge of their seats because of it.

Seems like an amazing innings from Pathtan. And yeah, if you're going to hit 10 sixes along the way to a double ton chances are you've been dropped on the way.