• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2010-11 Australian international itinerary announced

Craig

World Traveller
2010-11 itinerary

Sri Lanka in Australia

Tour match v Queensland, 22 October, Brisbane
Tour match v New South Wales, 24 October, Sydney
T20 tour match v New South Wales, 27 October, Sydney
Twenty20 international, 31 October, Perth
1st ODI, 3 November, Melbourne
2nd ODI, 5 November, Sydney
3rd ODI, 7 November, Brisbane

England in Australia

Tour match v Western Australia, 5-7 November, Perth
Tour match v South Australia, 11-13 November, Adelaide
Tour match v Australia A, 17-20 November, Hobart
1st Test, 25-29 November, Brisbane
2nd Test, 3-7 December, Adelaide
Tour match v Victoria, 10-12 December, Melbourne
3rd Test, 16-20 December, Perth
4th Test, 26-30 December, Melbourne
5th Test, 3-7 January, Sydney

Tour match v PM's XI, 10 January, Canberra
Twenty20 international, 12 January, Adelaide
Twenty20 international, 14 January, Melbourne
1st ODI, 16 January, Melbourne
2nd ODI, 21 January, Hobart
3rd ODI, 23 January, Sydney
4th ODI, 26 January, Adelaide
5th ODI, 30 January, Brisbane
6th ODI, 2 February, Sydney
7th ODI, 6 February, Perth

Extra matches for England's Ashes tour | Australia Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Don't really see much point in Sri Lanka coming for a T20 and three ODIs. They could at least play a Test match. Nice to see some proper warm up matches before the Test series.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh **** off 7 ODI series. You'd think that Australia and England would've learnt after last years.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Oh **** off 7 ODI series. You'd think that Australia and England would've learnt after last years.
Actually given its preparation for the WC i can see the logic behind having 7 ODIs next summer TBF.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not when you're scrapping an annual 3-match ODI series against NZ to do it.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not when you're scrapping an annual 3-match ODI series against NZ to do it.
This. Playing 3 games against either team would be much better preparation than playing the same team 7 times, especially as Australia and England would most likely play each other at the WC just the once.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Aus vs Eng 5 match ODI series
Aus vs NZ 3 match ODI series
seriously, CA administrators

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually given its preparation for the WC i can see the logic behind having 7 ODIs next summer TBF.
Yeh but all against the same team? Would have been better having 5 vs England and 3 vs New Zealand, one extra game couldnt hurt.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I never get why you can't have an even number of ODI matches.. Level series you say? have a NRR so runs count all the time.

4 ODIs against England, 3 against NZ if you want just the 7. Also, I'm really looking forward to this match:
Tour match v Australia A, 17-20 November, Hobart
What Shield matches are between Nov 7 and Nov 25? It should be a decent chance to see the Aussies players play in the Shield finally!

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This. Playing 3 games against either team would be much better preparation than playing the same team 7 times, especially as Australia and England would most likely play each other at the WC just the once.
Maybe it might be best for Australia, but not for England - three ODIs just before a WC is woefully inadequate and the absolute last thing England need is to be travelling somewhere else (say, South Africa) just to play a few more ODIs as WC preparation.

England have got a good deal and NZ have got a less good one - but hopefully they can fill the gap by playing lots against someone else. Would seem to have made sense to have had NZ tour instead of SL pre-Ashes, but apparently not.

The sooner this plan to un-synchronise Ashes and World Cups can be executed the better.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Also it's disappointing to see time and effort wasted on Twenty20 games when there's a ODI World Cup just around the corner, but not I suppose all that surprising. Vaguely encouraging to see that we're going to apparently have four three-day tourist fixtures, which is still inadequate in the grand scheme but far better than most schedules of recent years. Naturally, disappointing also to have The Ashes conducted within 6 weeks, but that was the same in 2009 as well.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Also it's disappointing to see time and effort wasted on Twenty20 games when there's a ODI World Cup just around the corner, but not I suppose all that surprising. Vaguely encouraging to see that we're going to apparently have four three-day tourist fixtures, which is still inadequate in the grand scheme but far better than most schedules of recent years. Naturally, disappointing also to have The Ashes conducted within 6 weeks, but that was the same in 2009 as well.
Yeah I think it is encouraging. By the way, the match against Australia A is a 4 day match and it really should be a really good hit out against quality opposition.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Even better. Probably should've said three+-day fixtures.

And of course there's hope that when the next Ashes tour arrives the four-day Australia A fixture at Bellerive will have been turned into a Sixth Test.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
3rd in the world and still not good enough to play a test series in australia. and people wonder why we play India, NZ and Bangladesh every year. everyone else seems to forgot we are a test playing nation. reckon we should send the U19 in protest, that series doesn't even warrant the a team.

Lostman

State Captain
3rd in the world and still not good enough to play a test series in australia. and people wonder why we play India, NZ and Bangladesh every year. everyone else seems to forgot we are a test playing nation. reckon we should send the U19 in protest, that series doesn't even warrant the a team.
Lol the funny thing is I saw the schedule and my first thought was "oh looks like NZ is free in December, 2 match test series hopefully"

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah I think it is encouraging. By the way, the match against Australia A is a 4 day match and it really should be a really good hit out against quality opposition.
In the past Channel 9 has shown live coverage of the match. So I hope they do it again. Or failing that, give it to Fox Sports FFS.

howardj

International Coach
I would have pressed for a tour game at the Gabba before the 1st Test.

It's a tough place to start the Test series.

We haven't lost at Fortress Gabba since 1988.

pasag

RTDAS
Positives - more tour matches (more chances to beat England)
Negatives - 7 fking ODIs, no Tests vs SL, ridiculous

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hahahah I love every single 7 match ODI series of Australia vs. England.

Damn BCCI :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I would have pressed for a tour game at the Gabba before the 1st Test.

It's a tough place to start the Test series.

We haven't lost at Fortress Gabba since 1988.
And England have never really looked remotely like winning a Test at the WACA either, so I've always thought it'd be best to play WA straight before that as well, rather than right at the start of the tour as they've done so often.

Why it's a bad idea was emphasised best in 1998/99. But I suppose with Lilac Hill being the must-be-done host of the pipe-opener it fits to not have to make the ridiculously long journey to Perth three times instead of twice.