• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier, UAE 2010

Who do u think will qualify? (Pls Select Min & Max of 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Group A:
Ireland (1)
Scotland (3)
Afghanistan (6)
USA (
8)

Group B:
Netherlands (2)
Kenya (4)
Canada (5)
UAE (7)

Warm-Up Fixtures:

Feb 5:

Match 01: UAE V USA, Sharjah

Feb 7:
Match 01: Ireland V Canada, Sharjah
Match 02: Scotland V Kenya, Abu Dhabi
Match 03: Afghanistan V Sharjah XI, Sharjah
Match 04: UAE V USA, Abu Dhabi

Fixtures:

Feb 9:
Match 01: Scotland V USA, Abu Dhabi
Match 02: Ireland V Afghanistan, Dubai
Match 03: Kenya V UAE, Abu Dhabi
Match 04: Netherlands V Canada, Dubai

Feb 10:
Match 05: Afghanistan V Scotland, Abu Dhabi
Match 06: Canada V Kenya, Dubai
Match 07: USA V Ireland, Abu Dhabi
Match 08: UAE V Netherlands, Dubai

Feb 11:
Match 09: Canada V UAE, Abu Dhabi
Match 10: Afghanistan V USA, Dubai
Match 11: Netherlands V Kenya, Abu Dhabi
Match 12: Ireland V Scotland, Dubai

Feb 12:
Match 13: Super 4s - A1 V B2, Dubai
Match 14: Super 4s - B1 V A2, Dubai

Feb 13:
Match 15: Super 4s - A1 V B1, Dubai
Match 16: Super 4s - B2 V A2, Dubai
Match 17: Final, Dubai

(Both Finalists Qualify for 2010 ICC World Twenty20 in West Indies):gathering

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scotland have been pretty awful in T20 lately, so I'd be surprised if they qualified.

Expecting it to be Ireland and any one of the top three seeds in the second group.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
So UAE defeat USA easily... At one stage USA were strong but the collapse was really bad. Should see how they fair in tomorrow's game.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like we may be onto something with George Dockrell, 17 year old LAO spinner. 2/11 off 4 on debut against Afghanistan, 4/20 off 4 today against Canada.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Crazzzy Isn't it? The tornament already got exciting before it even began! This is one of the tought tournament to predict the qualifiers! Kenya suddenly looking very gud to qualify too... Will it be Ireland's Consistency, Afghanistan's Spirit, Canada's blasters or Kenya's all-rounders??? Damn tough to pick!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like we may be onto something with George Dockrell, 17 year old LAO spinner. 2/11 off 4 on debut against Afghanistan, 4/20 off 4 today against Canada.
Well Associate T20 in UAE is a pretty good scenario to do well in if you're even a half-decent finger spinner.

Steulen

International Regular
I've gone for the Dutch and Afghanistan.

The Dutch of course partially a patriotic pick, but they are IMO a very strong T20 team.

And Afghanistan because I don't think the Irish are lookign good atm, while the Afghanis might be the team best suited to the expected conditions in Arabia.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
My prediction for today's matches:
Scotland
Afghanistan
Kenya
Netherlands

I knw its starange nt to pick Ireland but lets see...

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Good effort from USA restricting Scotland for 120/7 in 20 Overs. Lets see if they can pull of an upset here...