• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier, UAE 2010

Who do u think will qualify? (Pls Select Min & Max of 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
The day of Upsets but gud to see that as the tournament gets really competitive now. This tournament deserves lot of publicity. ICC should have utilized the opportunity of filling up the stands by doing good marketing.

My prediction for tomorrow -

Afghanistan
Ireland
Kenya
Netherlands

Stapel

International Regular
Are these matches, and especially the ones with Holland in it, on Sky? If so, I might hop into a pub tomorrow, after school.

Steulen

International Regular
So Canada out, Scotland out.
Afghanistan on two wins, but if Ireland beats USA (and they're off to a flyer), they could still end up third in the group.

Hoping for a Dutch win this afternoon of course, but I'm slightly worried about the four UAE spinners strangling the run rate. We'll see...

Steulen

International Regular
Ireland 202/4, and then 2 wickets in the first over of the American innings. Game over.

Edit: 8/4 after 2.3. Wounded Knee all over again.

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Ireland 202/4, and then 2 wickets in the first over of the American innings. Game over.

Edit: 8/4 after 2.3. Wounded Knee all over again.
USA are 8-4. Game over for sure.

Guess its gonna be Afghanistan, Ireland, Netherlands & Kenya in the second stage. If thats right good contest on the cards from the best 4 of the tournament.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
ICC should risk n globalize World Twenty20. The risk which pays off later. The format for the Twenty20 World & qualifiers has to be this way:

For Example as per current ranking -

2012 ICC World Twenty20:

Group A:
Pakistan (1)
England (5)
The Netherlands (12)
Qualifier 4 (16)

Group B:
Sri Lanka (2)
India (6)
Ireland (11)
Qualifier 3 (15)

Group C:
South Africa (3)
New Zealand (7)
Zimbabwe (10)
Qualifier 2 (14)

Group D:
West Indies (4)
Bangladesh (8)
Australia (9)
Qualifier 1 (13)

Group Stage > Quarterfinals > Semifinals > Final > Winner

2012 ICC World Twenty20 Qualifiers:

Group A:
Scotland (1)
UAE (5)
Hong Kong (12)
Cayman Islands (16)

Group B:
Kenya (2)
Namibia (6)
Papua New Guinea (11)
Argentina (15)

Group C:
Canada (3)
Bermuda (7)
Denmark (10)
Italy (14)

Group D:
Afghanistan (4)
Uganda (8)
Oman (9)
Tanzania (13)

Group Stage > Group E & F > Semi Finals > Final > Winner

This makes the tournaments more & more competitive & creates a lot of awareness,

Steulen

International Regular
Dutch in action, 46/2 after 5. So lots of runs, but the openers both gone. Nevertheless, plenty of batting to come with RTD, Lord De Grooth, Borren and Bukhari.

Interestingly, opening bowler Schiferli has been replaced by another spinner, Mohammad Kashif.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
USA are 8-4. Game over for sure.

Guess its gonna be Afghanistan, Ireland, Netherlands & Kenya in the second stage. If thats right good contest on the cards from the best 4 of the tournament.
I wouldnt count UAE out just yet, Canada havent been playing so well and Kenya would have to beat Netherlands tomorrow.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The final of this tournament could be somewhat comical. The winner is entered into India and South Africa's group while the runner-up gets England and the West Indies.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Dutch in action, 46/2 after 5. So lots of runs, but the openers both gone. Nevertheless, plenty of batting to come with RTD, Lord De Grooth, Borren and Bukhari.

Interestingly, opening bowler Schiferli has been replaced by another spinner, Mohammad Kashif.

141 - 5 after 17.3 after being 65 -5 i can't complain...van Bunge on 66*

Steulen

International Regular
The final of this tournament could be somewhat comical. The winner is entered into India and South Africa's group while the runner-up gets England and the West Indies.
I would actually love for the Dutch to go into England's group again...and beat them again. I would laugh so hard i might die. And then I'd have to write another celibration post on here as well.

elmadrid

Cricket Spectator
Hold on, hold on.

Scotland have been dire in the shorter formats for ages now and are not proper referencing material for us Dutch :cough:

Pakistan B...sorry...Afghanistan are a really dangerous side so losing to them is no great surprise. Although judging by Porterfield's comments on CricketEurope the Irish had a rotten day in the field.
Apparently you still have pain in your ass after Afghanistan won against Holland in intercontinentalcup:@:laugh:

And what makes you call them PakistanB8-):wacko:

Steulen

International Regular
Apparently you still have pain in your ass after Afghanistan won against Holland in intercontinentalcup:@:laugh:

And what makes you call them PakistanB8-):wacko:
Uhm, no, backside pain comes from other things here in Amsterdam. And the Dutch are ***** at the longer format of the game anyway, so no problems with Afghanistan beating them.