• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Englands best African born cricketer

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You should have a poll mate. Then again, I'm not sure the server can cope with 197 different options.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Monty Panesar
African born? =/ Humour/intelligence fail.

Between Pietersen and Greig for me. I'd probably go for Pietersen though. Been top class for England, and he's still got a good few years left in him. Expecting him to finish his career as one of England's greats.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
You should have a poll mate. Then again, I'm not sure the server can cope with 197 different options.
The big difference between our countries is that over the years people have migrated to England voluntarily.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Paul Parker or Derek Pringle, IMHO.

Nah, most of the serious contenders have already been mentioned, but might chuck Dolly into the mix too. Missed his prime because of Apartheid (was nearly 35 by the time of his test debut) and still managed to maintain an average of over 40.

Dissector

International Debutant
I would rate Tony Greig above KP; incidentally they have both played 58 tests. D'Oliveira as mentioned above was potentially better than either of them if he had gotten an earlier start.

Last edited:

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
I want to say KP because I genuinly believe he can end his career with 30 test centuries at an average of 50, but only if he bucks up real soon. Otherwise he may become another what if?- and that would be a terrible shame.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Ah what was that warwikshire dudes name? Forgot but he looks promising, mind you, never gives his wicket away.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Those ones sound indecisive and must be very very confused souls
True mate, true. Trying to imagine the utter **** I'd cop on here if my career ever led to my living in the UK.

Last edited: