• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in West Indies

James

Cricket Web Owner
Play the Twenty20 series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket
Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1266231902​

Play the ODI series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket
Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1266233126​

Fri Feb 26
UWI Vice Chancellor's XI v Zimbabweans
Sir Frank Worrell Memorial Ground, St Augustine, Trinidad

Sun Feb 28
Only T20I - West Indies v Zimbabwe
Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad

Thu Mar 4
1st ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe
Providence Stadium, Guyana

Sat Mar 6
2nd ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe
Providence Stadium, Guyana

Wed Mar 10
3rd ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe
Arnos Vale Ground, Kingstown, St Vincent

Fri Mar 12
4th ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe

Sun Mar 14
5th ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe

brockley

International Captain
Provisional Squad
Elton Chigumbura, Sean Ervine, Doug Marillier, Goodwin, Greg Lamb, Sean Williams, Forster Mutizwa, Trevor Garwe, Raymond Price, Chatara, Tawanda Mupariwa, Kyle Jarvis, Chris Mpofu, Brendan Taylor, Nyumbu, Vusi Sibanda, Dion Ebrahim, Timycen Maruma, Hamilton Masakadza, Taurai Muzarabani, Greg Strydom, Garvin Ewing, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Charles Coventry, Tatenda Taibu, Edward Rainsford, Chamu Chibhabha, Prosper Utseya

Himannv

International Coach
They had a couple of really good youngsters in the under 19 setup, specially in the bowling department. I think they are better off giving a few of those lads a shot.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is it really Murray Goodwin?

PS - provisional squad for what?
It really is Murray Goodwin. That squad isn't confirmed though to my knowledge; I've seen about ten different ones from different sources which is why I didn't start a thread.

Tour of the West Indies, FTR.

Craig

World Traveller
Murray Goodwin, if he does play in the tour, then that would of been a bigger comeback then Lance Armstrong.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A few good blasts from the past there. Sean Ervine!

When's Henry Olonga declaring himself available? John Traicos maybe?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Murray Goodwin, if he does play in the tour, then that would of been a bigger comeback then Lance Armstrong.
I don't think Goodwin will be playing.

The only comebacks I think that are at all likely are those of players who have been back playing domestically (Greg Lamb, Gavin Ewing, Dion Ebrahim etc) along with possibly Blignaut and Marillier. Goodwin and Ervine are names that have been tossed around a bit but they're well entrenched in the county setup so I do not see it happening.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even without Ervine & Goodwin, that still looks a much better squad than most they've put out over the last 5+ years.

C'mon. Definitely looking for a Neil Johnson comeback.

Craig

World Traveller
A few good blasts from the past there. Sean Ervine!

When's Henry Olonga declaring himself available? John Traicos maybe?
Only if Mpumelelo Mbangwa makes a comeback (he has such amazing white teeth). PEWS, I thought Ervine wanted to play for England?

shivfan

Banned
It's going to be interesting to see what the WIndies squad will be like, with all those recent injuries....

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Some top names on the above list, hope Zimbabwae do pull some of those players together.

Such a loss that Goodwin never played more at international level. Probably the 2nd greatest Zimbabwae batsman behind Andy Flower, and has a first class record across multiple countries that places him amongst the best of this generation. The guy is still scoring triple centuries at 37 years of age, legend.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Think brockley’s provisional squad is wrong. Andy Blignaut (:)) is part of the 30. Ervine and Goodwin are not. Unless Murray has got a new wife (she don't want to live in Zim, hence retirement), he won't comeback internationally but apparently Zim cricket want him (and Ervine) for some domestic cricket.

Julian87

State Captain
Great to see Blignaut back.

Has he been playing club cricket or something? He always struck me as a dude who probably could have picked up a base price T20 contract somewhere along the lines. Perfectly suited for the game.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ervine could be back in Zim national fold...On debut for the Southern Rocks playing alongside younger brother Craig.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Doug Marillier and Dion Ebrahim had been playing in NZ as far as I know.

Where is Heath Streak!?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great to see Blignaut back.

Has he been playing club cricket or something? He always struck me as a dude who probably could have picked up a base price T20 contract somewhere along the lines. Perfectly suited for the game.
Was playing club cricket in Jo'burg but I think he went back to Zim a couple years ago.

Interesting that Andy's good friend Mark Vermeulen is not part of the aforementioned 30 and hasn't played any domestic cricket for over 3 months.