• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in West Indies

shivfan

Banned
This squad is so much stronger than the one that played the two 20/20 matches against Australia, even without Gayle....

Such a pity, isn't it?

Dwayne Bravo, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Jerome Taylor and Fidel Edwards are still missing thru injury.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Surely the team has to be:

Adrian Barath
Andre Fletcher
Darren Bravo
Kieron Pollard
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Dwayne Smith
Denesh Ramdin (C, WK)
Darren Sammy
Suliemann Benn
Ravi Rampaul
Kemar Roach

- Shiv should bat at 5 in case we lose early wickets like we did every time in Australia.
- Both pacers must play IMHO, it was embarrassing having Smith or Sammy opening the bowling.
- Benn is a more effective T20 spinner than Miller, who bowled so badly in the last game that it defies belief.
- I agree with Shivfan, that squad even without Gayle is so much stronger than the one that has just left Australia. Now we just need Sarwan, Bravo Sr and Taylor to complete their recoveries and we will be shaping up nicely.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Surely the team has to be:

Adrian Barath
Andre Fletcher
Darren Bravo
Kieron Pollard
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Dwayne Smith
Denesh Ramdin (C, WK)
Darren Sammy
Suliemann Benn
Ravi Rampaul
Kemar Roach

- Shiv should bat at 5 in case we lose early wickets like we did every time in Australia.
- Both pacers must play IMHO, it was embarrassing having Smith or Sammy opening the bowling.
- Benn is a more effective T20 spinner than Miller, who bowled so badly in the last game that it defies belief.
- I agree with Shivfan, that squad even without Gayle is so much stronger than the one that has just left Australia. Now we just need Sarwan, Bravo Sr and Taylor to complete their recoveries and we will be shaping up nicely.
Even with the other seniors back Beamer is it good enough to be competative against South Africa? that's the question that needs answering, i'm glad Fletcher is getting his chance but i'd like to see the likes of Justin Gullien, Kirk Edwards and Kavesh Kantasingh brought into the ODI side, just to shake things up a little, they've all done well in FC this season.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
There are five ODIs to come after this 20/20, so I'm sure they'll get their chances. That said, I would think Imran Khan is ahead of Kantasingh in the pecking order, though. But Miller's bowling has only strengthened Benn's grip on the spinner's spot, and I'm sure he won't be in a hurry to relinquish it!
:laugh:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kirk Edwards getting a game or two. But Guillen is a slow accumulator, therefore I really don't think it's in his interests - or those of the West Indies - to play him in an ODI. What Guillen needs to do is put his head down and concentrate on that final match against Jamaica, and try to get his average for the season above 40....

Personally, Beamer, I might play Bernard instead of Rampaul, because I really don't see much difference between them as an ODI bowler, and Bernard offers a little bit more with the bat.

shivfan

Banned
Can they really pick a player for ODIs when he's never played a List A match?
Quite true....
:)
Guillen hasn't played any List A games yet. It would be a bit foolhardy to select a batsman with no List A experience....

Say what you might about Zimbabwe, I'm sure that playing against them is a step up from playing one-day cricket against the Windwards or Guyana. I think it would be more advisable for Guillen to play List A matches against regional teams first.

Chubb

International Regular
Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Quite true....
:)
Guillen hasn't played any List A games yet. It would be a bit foolhardy to select a batsman with no List A experience....

Say what you might about Zimbabwe, I'm sure that playing against them is a step up from playing one-day cricket against the Windwards or Guyana. I think it would be more advisable for Guillen to play List A matches against regional teams first.
Khan as well.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
UWI Chancellors XI vs Zimbabwe - 2010 FC
124/2 26.0ovrs
Kraigg Braithwaite 47* Parris 43* (Target: 282)

Zimbabwe 281 ao
Taibu 108

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If anyone would like to take a look at the standard of Zimbabwean cricket,go here:

YouTube - Mashonaland Eagles vs Matabeleland Tuskers (Zimbabwe Domestic Stanbic Twenty20) - February 12 2010

It's not the highest quality video, but there are some others in the links box as well. It is a mark of the positive progress being made just to have a tournament like this take place.
One of the commentators is the blind Dean du Plessis, who some of you have probably read about before.
Thanks for that Chubb. Nice to see.

shivfan

Banned
A century from Taibu, while Yannick Cariah and Ruel Brathwaite bowled well....

There were good knocks from Kraigg Brathwaite and Parris, while Chigumbura bowled well.