• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's Biggest Rivalry?

Cricket biggest rivalry? (Round - 01)

• India V England?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England V Scotland?

• England V West Indies?

• Ireland V Scotland?

• Pakistan V Australia?

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Wat do u think is cricket's biggest or growing rivalry?

Round 1 = 16 Poll options (Single Vote) (1-Feb-2010 to 7-Feb-2010)
Round 2 = 8 Poll Options (Multi Vote) (8-Feb-2010 to 14-Feb-2010)
Round 3 = 4 Poll Options (Single Vote) (15-Feb-2010 to 21-Feb-2010)
Round 4 = 2 Poll Options (Single Vote) (22-Feb-2010 to 28-Feb-2010)

The biggest & arch rivals will be decided after Round 4.

So think and vote carefully!

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
India-Pakistan if you want to go with numbers. Ind-Aus in recent decades. The ashes too.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Cricketing rivalry- Ashes obv
Political rivalry- Ind-Pak obv
Growing rivalry- Ind-Aus

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Rivalry is only good if there is a good fight and the winner isn't preordained. When you have the history of Eng-Aus and you have a great fight, there is nothing in the world like it, as we saw in 2005 Ashes. That's why people like me, who support neither team in particular (though since then, England have become my second favorite team) could not get our eyes off the action, and I watched every ball as a result.

The problem is that too often it's one sided and it's not nearly as much fun.

So assuming the series is competitive, I'd go with:

1. England - Australia
  2. India - Australia
  3. India - Pakistan
  4. England - West Indies

In terms of what we actually see, India-Australia has been the most fun to watch over the past decade, even from a neutral perspective I'd think (though I guess people with neutral perspectives can weigh in on that).

But when Ashes are good, they're unbelievable. Hopefully a few more incidents like Sydneygate will keep building the India-Australia rivalry, like bodyline and other incidents have built up the England-Australia one. :p And of course, continuation of good matches.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
While the Ashes now are pretty interesting, for 75% of my cricket watching life it was only the margin that had to be decided. Don't know how people managed to maintain interest in it through the 90s. Used to get pissed of with the importance given to it by the English press.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And the winner for most pointless "battle of" battles goes to...................

To think only the other day I was moaning about pointless threads, and here's some more.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
And the winner for most pointless "battle of" battles goes to...................

To think only the other day I was moaning about pointless threads, and here's some more.
Mr.Richard, Everything has its own deal. Few threads are for knowledge n few are for interest n fun. If ur not interested in this thread just get lost. No onez is asking u to post anything but stop posting ur worthless posts Wierdo.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

:huh:

Completely harmless thread, Richard. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it pointless.

To answer the question at hand, Ashes.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:huh:

Completely harmless thread, Richard. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it pointless.
It's harmless, no thread can exactly do much harm except the "India is da best Pakistanis are all useless ****s" ones, etc. etc. It's just annoying to have 4 threads purely to poll what CWers think is the biggest Test rivalry, which isn't really something I think is very interesting.

At least these pesky draft threads are highly popular.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr.Richard, Everything has its own deal. Few threads are for knowledge n few are for interest n fun. If ur not interested in this thread just get lost. No onez is asking u to post anything but stop posting ur worthless posts Wierdo.
If you're familiar with CW you should've noticed I don't do "getting lost", and that "stop posting ur worthless posts Wierdo" is not acceptable posting. And if you're familiar with societal norms you should realise that trying to denigrate people by calling them "weirdos" (which I presume is what you were trying to do) is not acceptable either.