• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's Biggest Rivalry?

Cricket biggest rivalry? (Round - 01)

• India V England?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England V Scotland?

• England V West Indies?

• Ireland V Scotland?

• Pakistan V Australia?

• Total voters

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Seriously? That's terrible IMO. Way overkill. It was fun when people were getting Mendised, but that initial excitement and pain subsided almost immediately and now you're just left with a dull, boring ache that you hope ends rather quickly. :ph34r:

Last edited:

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Mr.Richard, Everything has its own deal. Few threads are for knowledge n few are for interest n fun. If ur not interested in this thread just get lost. No onez is asking u to post anything but stop posting ur worthless posts Wierdo.
Mr. Richard, why u mad though bro?
Anyway to topic.
Lettuce be reality and acknowledge that The Ashes urn is THE most important trophy in Test cricket.
Therefore England vs Australia is the greatest rivalry.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
^^^ isn't it a dam shame there are 6 other teams in the world, if only one of those others had a jealous wife who burnt some bails we to could have enjoyed repeat competition for 50 years straight, while excluding all others.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Ashes
India - Pakistan
India - Australia
England - South Africa

Australia - South Africa
Australia - New Zealand

Formerly England - West Indies, rarely has much going for it either way these days though.

That is all.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm with Richard, I don't see why this needs 4 threads. 1 is plenty.

Voted the Ashes though.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India-Australia way way better than India-Pakistan IMO, mainly because India-Pakistan has rarely seen a lot of close fought result oriented matches.

Xuhaib

International Coach
India-Australia way way better than India-Pakistan IMO, mainly because India-Pakistan has rarely seen a lot of close fought result oriented matches.
Its 5-5 since both started playing with relative regularity since 99 ofcourse there will be some borefests due to nature of the pitches in the two counries but overall it tends to be pretty competitive.

Pak-Eng and Aus-SA are other two I really enjoy.SL-NZL is also a pretty decent to watch apart from their last series.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Seriously? That's terrible IMO. Way overkill. It was fun when people were getting Mendised, but that initial excitement and pain subsided almost immediately and now you're just left with a dull, boring ache that you hope ends rather quickly. :ph34r:
What?

I said Pasag's joke was very good.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Its 5-5 since both started playing with relative regularity since 99 ofcourse there will be some borefests due to nature of the pitches in the two counries but overall it tends to be pretty competitive.
It's not the 5-5, it's series like in 2006, where you're completely excited for it and then you have to deal with a month of no result matches which saps your energy before having one result and the series is over. It's so annoying that it just makes me tune out.

pskov

International 12th Man
India vs Pakistan seems to get everyone riled up, but I don't think it has much to do with the cricket. After all most of the time the grounds are half-full, if that, when they play a test. For that reason I think the Ashes is indisputably the biggest cricket rivalry.

Sir Alex

Banned
India vs Pakistan seems to get everyone riled up, but I don't think it has much to do with the cricket. After all most of the time the grounds are half-full, if that, when they play a test. For that reason I think the Ashes is indisputably the biggest cricket rivalry.
Why the following only on ground must be taken? What about people who follow them on TV? It would overshadow Ashes figures by many times.

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
The non test nations are pretty pointless having in there. They really do not have fierce rivalries. The Scotland England cricketing rivalry shows that, basically because it isn't there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In cricketing terms England and Scotland is essentially the same anyway, same way it is in some aspects of UK law.

pskov

International 12th Man
In cricketing terms England and Scotland is essentially the same anyway, same way it is in some aspects of UK law.
Very few aspects of UK law actually - essentially only in internationally related treaties and legislation.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
All of England and Scotland are bound to abide by rules made by UK Parliament (Common Law traditions have some small differences), though the Scottish Parliament can make Scottish-only applicable law.