• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's Biggest Rivalry?

Cricket biggest rivalry? (Round - 01)

• India V England?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England V Scotland?

• England V West Indies?

• Ireland V Scotland?

• Pakistan V Australia?

• Total voters

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well you kicked it off by insulting a perfectly good thread. Using bigger words doesn't make it more acceptable to be a dick.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't see this premise (it's 4 threads, not 1) as perfectly good - I see it as perfectly pointless. I haven't thrown any insulting words around, other than pointless.

Uppercut

You don't have to use an insulting word to be insulting. Learn to function like a normal person.

See what I mean?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So where here:
And the winner for most pointless "battle of" battles goes to...................

To think only the other day I was moaning about pointless threads, and here's some more.
was I doing such then?

I said the thread was pointless - that's it. I wasn't insulting anything.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Richard's the CW queen of passive aggressive.

I've voted for the old Ashes enemies, but India/Pakistan seems to be rather more bitter. The YouTube ravings of the more excitable factions of both sets of supporters really beggar belief at times.

Uppercut

I'm just telling you you were being rude, I'm not going to sit and argue about it with you.

Anyway, it's hard to look past India-Pakistan. Although that's not really an exclusively sporting rivalry...

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I wish Saeed Anwar and Faisal1985 would expound on the Urdu-Punjabi rivalry a bit more :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm just telling you you were being rude, I'm not going to sit and argue about it with you.
I was intending to be a little bit rude; I'm merely saying I think you're exaggerating the extent to which I was rather.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
They aren't in existence yet but the opening post states that the thread-starter will post them:
Wat do u think is cricket's biggest or growing rivalry?

Round 1 = 16 Poll options (Single Vote) (1-Feb-2010 to 7-Feb-2010)
Round 2 = 8 Poll Options (Multi Vote) (8-Feb-2010 to 14-Feb-2010)
Round 3 = 4 Poll Options (Single Vote) (15-Feb-2010 to 21-Feb-2010)
Round 4 = 2 Poll Options (Single Vote) (22-Feb-2010 to 28-Feb-2010)

The biggest & arch rivals will be decided after Round 4.

So think and vote carefully!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
If you're familiar with CW you should've noticed I don't do "getting lost", and that "stop posting ur worthless posts Wierdo" is not acceptable posting. And if you're familiar with societal norms you should realise that trying to denigrate people by calling them "weirdos" (which I presume is what you were trying to do) is not acceptable either.
Didnt you call people ignoramuses in another thread today?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Talking down people's intelligence and attempting to portray them as "abnormal" is a different kettle-of-fish in my book. In any case I was being unspecific.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Didnt you call people ignoramuses in another thread today?
Well you see, it's quite alright for him to insult or have a go at anyone else on here, but if someone dares to respond, he starts trying to tell them what they can and can't do.

gwo

U19 Debutant
Richard's the CW queen of passive aggressive.

I've voted for the old Ashes enemies, but India/Pakistan seems to be rather more bitter. The YouTube ravings of the more excitable factions of both sets of supporters really beggar belief at times.
Bolded for emphasis.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Do they still play the Smokers v Non Smokers games? Rivalry cannot get any bigger than that.

Stapel

International Regular
Rivalry is only good if there is a good fight and the winner isn't preordained. When you have the history of Eng-Aus and you have a great fight, there is nothing in the world like it, as we saw in 2005 Ashes. That's why people like me, who support neither team in particular (though since then, England have become my second favorite team) could not get our eyes off the action, and I watched every ball as a result.
I could have written that. It's spot on.

In general, I think there is a lot of well balanced test cricket these days. NZ, WI and Pak are off, but the other 5 real test nations can all beat eachother, since Aus lost is status of invincibility. WI seem on their way back too.