Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: australia to expand season by 2 months

International Vice-Captain

australia to expand season by 2 months

Ricky Ponting cool on Top End Sheffield Shield suggestion | The Australian
    Ricky doesn't like it but he doesn't play sheffield shield,bloody hypocrite.
    I am sure people in darwin,townsville and cairns would come out for the games,moreso than what we normally get for shield cricket.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Ricky Ponting cool on Top End Sheffield Shield suggestion | The Australian
    Ricky doesn't like it but he doesn't play sheffield shield,bloody hypocrite.
    I am sure people in darwin,townsville and cairns would come out for the games,moreso than what we normally get for shield cricket.
    How does that make Ponting a hypocrite.

If he even cared for sheffield shield cricket he would play it.
    Whenever australia doesn't play,he still doesn't play shield cricket.
    If he cared so much for the game he would,it worked for cricketers 20 years ago why now.
    Cricket australia wants to further the game in australia,what is ponting offering other than criciticisms,what are his solutions.
    If he even dared to play shield cricket then yes he could comment on it,but he doesn't he is just a snob,and should stay out of the running of the game.

I don't know why he is complaining he got a big top up to his contract,even tho he will not play 20/20 now does less media,and all in a recession when people are taking a pay cut.
    The guy is a whinger.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    If he cared so much for the game he would,it worked for cricketers 20 years ago why now.
    Cricket australia wants to further the game in australia,what is ponting offering other than criciticisms,what are his solutions.
    If he even dared to play shield cricket then yes he could comment on it,but he doesn't he is just a snob,and should stay out of the running of the game.
    Umm... Cricket Australia are very strict as to when Internationals can play Shield cricket, they purposely keep Ponting and most other (fixed) international representatives rested.

Towards the end of his career, I think Steve Waugh played very few state games.

Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Johnson, Hauritz, and Watson haven't played First Class cricket this summer, or only a game or 2. CA rests them so they don't get burnt out.
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Dunno what he's on about with players missing out on a cricketing 'education' by playing elsewhere. In my experience, NT pitches tend to be pretty bloody varied.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Banned
    I don't know why he is complaining he got a big top up to his contract,even tho he will not play 20/20 now does less media,and all in a recession when people are taking a pay cut.
    The guy is a whinger.

Ponting is the Australian captain and his job requires him to take an active role in the preperation of players coming through the system.

I dont see where he is whinging as this is only a suggestion from Cox and even though the thread indicates that the season will be extended by two months the fact is it is only a proposal and Ponting has every right to voice his opinion.

Its up to you if you agree or disagree with the proposal but to call Ponting a hypocrite and /or a whinger makes no sense.

My point is its cricket australias job to make money to pay players like him even bigger money.
    last year the players whinged they wanted a pay rise in a recession and they wanted les media spots.
    If cricket australia are to make more money to pay the likes of ricky ponting more money they have to do something.
    How is cricket australia meant to do it without making commercial decisions that are valid,and ponting whinged that shield would be cut,now cricket australia makes changes to accomadate this and he still whinges.
    Ricky is the first to cry for a pay rise for players.
    Look at brett lee and nathan brakken got 6 figure contracts and they hardly played any cricket and its not as if they're fit.
    If ricky even played sheffield shield cricket rather than living in sydney i would understand,its not as if he has to play in cairns,townsville or darwin.
    I mean he is the top paying player and he doesn't even play 20/20 cricket,as it is the media is calling him to be rested and hes' only scored runs in one test.
    Its just ludicrous.
    Put up or shut up ricky,if you want the system fixed then join the board.
    Last edited by brockley; 27-01-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Banned
    My point is its cricket australias job to make money to pay players like him even bigger money.
    last year the players whinged they wanted a pay rise in a recession and they wanted les media spots.
    If cricket australia are to make more money to pay the likes of ricky ponting more money they have to do something.
    How is cricket australia meant to do it without making commercial decisions that are valid,and ponting whinged that shield would be cut,now cricket australia makes changes to accomadate this and he still whinges.
    Ricky is the first to cry for a pay rise for players.
    Look at brett lee and nathan brakken got 6 figure contracts and they hardly played any cricket and its not as if they're fit.
    If ricky even played sheffield shield cricket rather than living in sydney i would understand,its not as if he has to play in cairns,townsville or darwin.
    I mean he is the top paying player and he doesn't even play 20/20 cricket,as it is the media is calling him to be rested and hes' only scored runs in one test.
    Its just ludicrous.
    Put up or shut up ricky,if you want the system fixed then join the board.
    I dont get your point, Ponting has every right ot comment on matters relating to australian cricket. Are you just upset Ponting gets paid so much.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Sounds like Brockley got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Would rather play the Mercantile Mutual Cup (Ford Ranger Cup...pffffft no way ) in August than the Shield tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by spikey View Post
    would rather play the mercantile mutual cup (ford ranger cup...pffffft no way ) in august than the shield tbh...
    awta

I think start the shield in august and the one dayers mid september.Perfect.
    No one goes to the shield anyway and abc will still cover it,no worries.

I think ricky should spend more time on getting some runs than with the administration of the game,its obvious he has no solutions so why comment,all i know is ricky wants a raise without even knowing how cricket australia is going pay for it.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    How many times does that happen per season?

With current international schedules internationals in both formats have precious little chance to play domestic cricket.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information