• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

UDRS in ODIs

Should there be a UDRS in ODIs?

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
Reading Cricinfo last night during the live feed of the Australia - Pakistan ODI at Adelaide Oval, and after some of the shockers that Butt and Kamran Akmal copped, some of the people suggested that the UDRS be adopted in ODIs. I personally see the biggest concern being the time lost for over-rates, and how you would have measures with the UDRS and making sure a team gets their overs in time. Maybe if the system was run like Tests do, but each team only gets one review each, and if you get your one wrong, then too bad too sad.

Craig

World Traveller
I voted no because I could just a lot of time being wasted and teams not bowling their overs in time, and nothing will be done to force teams to hurry up.

pasag

RTDAS
Do we want to see the WC final being decided by a bad decision when we had not only the technology but the system in place to stop it?

Matt79

Global Moderator
If we're having one in tests, stupid not to have it in ODIs. In keeping with the ethos of Twenty20, in the event of a contested decision in that format the opposing captains will simply have a dick fight mid pitch to entertain the crowds.

Reading Cricinfo last night during the live feed of the Australia - Pakistan ODI at Adelaide Oval, and after some of the shockers that Butt and Kamran Akmal copped, some of the people suggested that the UDRS be adopted in ODIs. I personally see the biggest concern being the time lost for over-rates, and how you would have measures with the UDRS and making sure a team gets their overs in time. Maybe if the system was run like Tests do, but each team only gets one review each, and if you get your one wrong, then too bad too sad.
Butt was given out ot a poor decision but Akmal was given out to a sound decision.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
If we're having one in tests, stupid not to have it in ODIs. In keeping with the ethos of Twenty20, in the event of a contested decision in that format the opposing captains will simply have a dick fight mid pitch to entertain the crowds.
The West Indies would never lose a review.

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
eh, I don't think ODI's matter that much, maybe tis all the useless, long series that make me not want to enlongate it anymore. When I think about it in regards to a world cup or a champions trophy, I'm more accepting.