• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

worst leg spinner to play test cricket

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This hack.

He's officially the worst test bowler as well as leg spinner too; has conceded more runs than anyone else in test cricket without a wicket to show for it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He has the mitigation of not really being a legspinner or indeed a spinner at all though - did he seriously ever turn a ball?
Never even tried to, from what I saw. A legspinner who knew his limitations- spin (or lack thereof), primarily.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Cameron White deserve a mention? Was basically picked as a pure leg-spinner for Australia, and duly delivered, with 5 wickets in 4 Tests in India at an average of 68.40. He's got a FC average of over 40 ffs, what on earth were they thinking picking White as their main spinner for most of the series?

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cameron White deserve a mention? Was basically picked as a pure leg-spinner for Australia, and duly delivered, with 5 wickets in 4 Tests in India at an average of 68.40. He's got a FC average of over 40 ffs, what on earth were they thinking picking White as their main spinner for most of the series?
Everyone else was thinking the exact same thing. Good shout though, from what little of the series I managed to watch live, he delivered some truly awful stuff.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bryce McGain far from the worst leggie to play Tests, even if he had the worst Test debut ever.

Bryce McGain.
'Shocking' you'd pick an Aussie.

Never even tried to, from what I saw. A legspinner who knew his limitations- spin (or lack thereof), primarily.
I saw him turn one. Had a very puzzled "What the **** was that?!" look on his face. Decent bat, though.

Everyone else was thinking the exact same thing. Good shout though, from what little of the series I managed to watch live, he delivered some truly awful stuff.
BUT HE GOT SACHIN!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It depends whether the question is "worst Test career for a legspinner" or "worst legspinner to play Test cricket".

If the former McGain and Salisbury are of course two of the finest candidates, with Lewis perhaps better still. If the latter, none are remotely candidates. Chris Schofield and as I mention, John Watkins, are so much worse it's untrue.