• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would you bowl to...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Full and straight to Ponting early on never really worked, it just looked like it might. He's barely ever got out lbw in his career.
Thats true. But i think he hasn't faced too many quality fast-bowlers capable of really bowling full & straight with a bit off sharp-inswing @ pace early on. Jermone Taylor did i best in both test & ODIs in the last decade, while in Ashes 05 he looked vulnerable to that lenght early on. Plus i remember vs PAK 99/00 he had some trouble with it.

Overall its not really a major weakness, but its an area IMO that not enough bowlers have targeted or rather had the ability to target enough early on when Ponting comes out to bat.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Full and straight to Ponting early on doesn't really work, it's just it's an almost entirely pointless ploy once he's set. Much like any batsman I suppose.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thats true. But i think he hasn't faced too many quality fast-bowlers capable of really bowling full & straight with a bit off sharp-inswing @ pace early on. Jermone Taylor did i best in both test & ODIs in the last decade, while in Ashes 05 he looked vulnerable to that lenght early on. Plus i remember vs PAK 99/00 he had some trouble with it.

Overall its not really a major weakness, but its an area IMO that not enough bowlers have targeted or rather had the ability to target enough early on when Ponting comes out to bat.
FMD mate, the ****'s made 11,000 test runs. If he was going to be undone lbw by that tactic consistently, it would have happened by now, don't you reckon.

As for the thread question, I'd bowl ****house to him, like I do to everyone else on th erare occasion I roll the arm over.