• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne in another controversy

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Yeah TC, I agree with you. I was blaming the woman becasue in the media and among the people, its normally the player who gets the blame. The blame on Warne is unquestioned and I thought obvious. He was forced into the situation but acquiesced.

As far as saying NO in such a situation, its the right thing to say but what I was trying to get across that the kind of lives pro athletes live, they are at a much higher risk of getting into this kind of trouble as they face these situations (gorgeous and willing women) much more than normal people. Like I alwaysa say: if you want to avoid getting in trouble, avoid getting into bad situations.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
royGilchrist said:
Like I always say: if you want to avoid getting in trouble, avoid getting into bad situations.
great quote, but isn't that a little OBVIOUS!!:O

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Warne has still not denied the claims so that leads me to believe that something did go on.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah TC, I agree with you. I was blaming the woman becasue in the media and among the people, its normally the player who gets the blame.
Not in my country, mate. Quite the contrary in fact. If anything, even if the allegation is true, the sportsman is glorified for it. Either way, Aussies tend to be blinkered by our misogynist past and present and assume that the victim must have done something to bring misfortune upon themselves, particularly if they are women. It's quite disgusting the way we treat female victims over here.

The blame on Warne is unquestioned and I thought obvious. He was forced into the situation but acquiesced.
I'm having trouble believing he was forced at all. Call it intuition because I certainly can't back it up with anything concrete.

As far as saying NO in such a situation, its the right thing to say but what I was trying to get across that the kind of lives pro athletes live, they are at a much higher risk of getting into this kind of trouble as they face these situations (gorgeous and willing women) much more than normal people. Like I alwaysa say: if you want to avoid getting in trouble, avoid getting into bad situations.
Right on. If you're on your way to a hotel room with some hot chick, be prepared for the possibility she's not going to merely want your autograph. It's about protecting themselves and I think these athletes are just not very savvy when it comes to the real world.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Top_Cat said:
Right on. If you're on your way to a hotel room with some hot chick, be prepared for the possibility she's not going to merely want your autograph. It's about protecting themselves and I think these athletes are just not very savvy when it comes to the real world.
The phrase 'A turkey short of Christmas Dinner' comes to mind.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
The blame on Warne is unquestioned and I thought obvious. He was forced into the situation but acquiesced.
Oops I had a typo...."The blame on Warne is unquestioned and I thought obvious. He was 'not' forced into the situation but acquiesced."

Forgot the 'not'

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
<quack> I have it on good authority that he is also being blackmailed by a young Canadian goose called Zelda. The pair met at a wild party recently where dried lilypad leaves were being smoked. It is alleged that photographs were taken of Shane in a compromising position involving two ducks (a mother and her daughter) and a large bag of breadcrumbs.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
i'd have to say that the 17 year old looks very good looking for her age but Warne is nearly twice her age and as usual it seems he let his hormones do the talking instead of his brain.

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah the girl in question over the incident in Surfers (not far from me) is good looking, but this case also involves Brett Lee.

Bazza

International 12th Man
That report about the surfers incident - Shane doesn't actually appear to do anything illegal, just a few things which don't look to clever for an international sports star who (in theory) should be a good role model to youngsters, etc.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bazza said:
That report about the surfers incident - Shane doesn't actually appear to do anything illegal, just a few things which don't look to clever for an international sports star who (in theory) should be a good role model to youngsters, etc.
<quack> Trying to become a dual international - cricket and tongue-hockey.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
er, its sort of becoming known around here that i can't be bothered reading that stuff. whats the article about?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think 'The Bladders' motto says it all:

"Taking the p*ss out of sport"

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mr. Ponting said:
er, its sort of becoming known around here that i can't be bothered reading that stuff.
I can't be bothered to tell what the article is about ;)