• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne in another controversy

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
royGilchrist said:
Not sure about cricket, but in basketball I am sure 90% of the married guys cheat on their wives. If Kobe, who is one of the most well behaved and respected guys around does it then I say probably everyone does it.
A lot of Cricketing marriages end because of the time apart...

Even back to the days of Frederick Sewards Trueman (anyone else listen to Hawksbee and Jacobs on TalkSport?)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
i knew thorpe did, i just thought that there was someone else. maybe i'm wrong but, who knows.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought i read somewhere about an Australian..but i can't remember their name or if they even played cricket.

Mr. P

could be warnie very soon if that insane alon woman happens to be telling the truth.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The fact is, is that Warne actually hasn't denied this.
His lawyer has only quoted thats its a private matter between Warne and the South African mother.

You'd think the first thing Warne would have done was say: "The allegations are false & will be investigated by the proper authorities" but there's been nothing of the like.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I have no doubt that this woman actually has met Warne..but its possible she's twisting Warne's words and taking advantage of the fact that Warne is no stranger to cellphone *** controversy.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I agree with That last comment Tim.

I would not be supprised if Warne was involed and many of the thing's she has said are probably true but IMO She is probably the one who draged him into it not the other way around.

Thats why a pollygraph Test would work in her favor.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Craig said:
So a pollygraph test wouldnt be accurate?
Well of couse it would be accurate but Yes/No answeres are not going to tell you the full story or the circumstances that led to them evolving.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I'm going to be in the minority here and say that I think he did it. He doesn't have a great deal in the top-shelf of his head and this is just the sort of thing I think he would have gotten himself into.

honestly who cares about what shane warne does with his life. though this woman is probably just causing abit of a stir for publicity
I agree about the who cares part but this is more than just a big story. If Warne did call her with unwanted ***ual advantages, he could be charged with harrassment.

Now, that said, there are people, women, out there who would take advantage of the situation, and would get people like Warne in a difficult situation. I mean, the woman went to Warne's room alone and kissed him, wore skimpy clothes, what the hell is she expecting. She is obviously trying to get Warne in trouble and with his past history, Warne is an easy target, she knew that.
Don't make the mistake of blaming her entirely. He said yes to her coming up to his room and he didn't stop her from kissing him. If she was expected to know what the situation was really all about then why not have the same expectations of Warnie? You can be damn sure that the cricketers would be well educated about this sort of thing and what not to do and would certainly have had to deal with it in the past. There is a point at which you can't keep blaming stuff like this by Warnie on naevity and must start to question his thought processes. If he's then susceptible to this sort of a behaviour, maybe a chaperone is in order because he's hardly demonstrated that he's able to keep control of himself.

I must say, I can't understand how his wife puts up with this sort of thing. If this were me and Amy was my wife, she'd want to kill me and if I survived, she'd be out the door. Unless Simone Warne has an extremely open mind and doesn't mind if Warnie plays around, well I must question her thought processes too.

Look it's really as simple as this; If an attractive woman throws herself at you, it still takes YOU to say yes for something to happen. It doesn't happen by accident and it certainly doesn't happen 'too fast'. There are plenty of opportunities where someone can back out of a situation which he think may be compromising. For this to happen took a lot of decisions by Warne where he said yes. Make no mistake about this; he's just as much to blame for any ***ual misconduct as she is. Too many idiots like Hookesy (gawd, pains me to say that) don't honestly believe that he could have done anything wrong and that she just threw herself at him etc. It's symptomatic of an underlying misogynism in our Aussie culture but two things should be VERY clear here; Warne is NOT the victim and he DOES have control over what he does.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I agree with you Top_Cat.

I dont think Warne is the victim and what ever he did there is no excuse for it. However I do beleve there are two sides two every story and I am Positive this Woman is probably just as much at fault. Having said that she's not married.

She said last night on Current afair that she wants 250k to sell her story Thats sounds a bit suss.

Mr. P

if she was telling the truth her first priority would be getting warne in trouble, not the 250k.