• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

John Howard to head ICC?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Howard had a very good raport with muslim leaders in Australia, he worked with them and showed respect. In return muslim leaders have respect for Howard so I dont see where you are coming from. Are you suggesting this to make him look racist?.
Nah, I'm suggesting it based on his adaptation of Bush's fear campaign to a certain extent and his inability (or unwillingness) to address social issues.

I'm not suggesting he was racist.

Mind you, I can see why an extra $15 a month in your pocket would make this seem trivial :happy:

I am glad you used 'anti-Australian' and not 'un-Australian' though. The latter makes me shudder a bit.

Last edited:
Nah, I'm suggesting it based on his adaptation of Bush's fear campaign to a certain extent and his inability (or unwillingness) to address social issues.

I'm not suggesting he was racist.

Mind you, I can see why an extra $15 a month in your pocket would make this seem trivial :happy:

I am glad you used 'anti-Australian' and not 'un-Australian' though. The latter makes me shudder a bit.

You are saying it but refuse to admit you are saying it, what an interesting conundrum, I'm suggesting you are a batsman who dosent walk if you nick it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And If Pawar can do it why not Howard. I am all for Howard taking the top post.
You're kidding mate. John Howard took attitudes towards foreigners and immigrants back about 30 years in this country. He's a reactionary prick, and I'd like him to catch fire next to me so I could refuse to pour water on him.

He'd fit right in, in the sense he's Machievellian (sp) and quite capable of underhanded disgraceful decisions. And if he's true to form he will certainly add fuel to the fire of the anti-subcontinental conspiracy theorists.

Ask Dr Mohammad Haneef how Howard deals with people from that part of the world.

The man's a disgrace.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

You are saying it but refuse to admit you are saying it, what an interesting conundrum, I'm suggesting you are a batsman who dosent walk if you nick it.
No, I'll freely admit I think John Howard is a disgraceful excuse for a person whose attitude towards immigrants left a lot to be desired at times. What I joked about him possibly not realising there were Muslims in some of the cricket teams, it was aimed directly at that.

If you liked him then good for you. I'm personally not sure the dollars in the bank were worth it myself.

And no I don't walk if I nick it. I'm betting John Howard wouldn't either. So that's one thing we have in common. If I nicked it and Johnny was bowling on the other hand, I'd walk immediately to avoid the embarrassment of being given out.

Mr Mxyzptlk

And no I don't walk if I nick it. I'm betting John Howard wouldn't either. So that's one thing we have in common. If I nicked it and Johnny was bowling on the other hand, I'd walk immediately to avoid the embarrassment of being given out.
This paragraph alone is reason for the CW Awards to return. All class. :cool:

morgieb

ITSTL. Don't like Howard, but at his xenophobia will maybe split up the BCCI monopoly. :p

If you liked him then good for you. I'm personally not sure the dollars in the bank were worth it myself.

Well my business increased 800% and properties quadrupled during Howards leadership so yes it was worth it, in fact things are so good I have time for travelling for three months of the year.

Son Of Coco

Well my business increased 800% and properties quadrupled during Howards leadership so yes it was worth it, in fact things are so good I have time for travelling for three months of the year.
Exactly. If John Howard were a band he'd be "Me First and the Gimme Gimme's". How big did the bubble eventually get though?

If they played on top of a mining site.
You remind me of a protester that chained himself to one of our conveyors, funny thing was it was a decommissioned unit so we waited three hours before calling the police to cut him free and then we still had him charged with trespassing.:laugh::laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
You're kidding mate. John Howard took attitudes towards foreigners and immigrants back about 30 years in this country. He's a reactionary prick, and I'd like him to catch fire next to me so I could refuse to pour water on him.

He'd fit right in, in the sense he's Machievellian (sp) and quite capable of underhanded disgraceful decisions. And if he's true to form he will certainly add fuel to the fire of the anti-subcontinental conspiracy theorists.

Ask Dr Mohammad Haneef how Howard deals with people from that part of the world.

The man's a disgrace.
Nobody rants like you.

duffer

ITSTL. Don't like Howard, but at his xenophobia will maybe split up the BCCI monopoly. :p
Heh, if anything it'll bond the brownies together even more.

Burgey nailed with regards to him, plus I'd rather have someone who knows something about cricket at the helm. Anyone but this ****.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Now that All Saints has finished up late last year, I don't have a problem with him trying his luck with ICC.

Son Of Coco

Now that All Saints has finished up late last year, I don't have a problem with him trying his luck with ICC.
:laugh:

I wonder will the ICC adopt the same voiceover when it advertises its next meeting - "Feel the pain, feel the heartache..."

Top_Cat

I would have siad putting it incorrectly, but hey you have your agenda to push.
And, of course, you don't. Oh wait, here's yours;

MONEY MONEY MONEY, ON NOM NOM NOM.