Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pak Players ignored by IPL - this is how democracy works

R_D
    Quote Originally Posted by Edged&Taken View Post
    er. so how come the government issued the dude on the left a visa and refused the others?
    Where does it say.. they were refused visa. They just were not picked by the franchises for various reason...

lol at the claims from Afridi's manager..

He has been made Honorary citizen of India for obvious reasons

Sanz in "cynically using the Mumbai tragedy as an excuse to spout bile at Pakistanis in general" shocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by R_D View Post
    Where does it say.. they were refused visa. They just were not picked by the franchises for various reason...

once again from Afridi's Manager :

"[I]I'd heard prior to the auction that franchises were being advised not to bid for Pakistani players, as the players from Pakistan would not be issued with visas by the Indian government, and that is precisely what has happened" LINK

makes sense , the franchisees got a tip that the Indian Gov was not gonna issue the visa's , so they ignored the bids

Quote Originally Posted by R_D View Post

various reason that they can't say in the media.. and if they say it they would be called racist, anti pakistan... since that is what they are doing..

Wasim is there because the IPL still needs the rating.. he might be there doing commentating on a couple of matches so just people of pakistan in pakistan tune in..

it is funny reading some of these comments from indians supporters..Supporting IPL as if IPL is representing india.. let me make this clear.. what IPL is doing doesn't represent what indian people thinks..and finally what low life politicians and government officials of pakistan and india think about this issue don't represent the opinion of average pakistani and indian people..So i have no idea was Sanz and other indian supporters are taking IPL's side and presenting the worst excuses ever.. the best one is the one that has mentioned about the terriorst attack on the same indian hotel in Mambia where the auction was taken.. he is somehow linking pakistani cricketers to the terrirost attack of 2008..this is similar to blameing Tigar Wood for the diseaster in Haiti.. Just because the guy slept with a couple of women.. he is responsible for the Haiti diseaster..I bet Sanz is going to come up with another rediclous excuse similar to this.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    various reason that they can't say in the media.. and if they say it they would be called racist, anti pakistan... since that is what they are doing..

Wasim is there because the IPL still needs the rating.. he might be there doing commentating on a couple of matches so just people of pakistan in pakistan tune in..

it is funny reading some of these comments from indians supporters..Supporting IPL as if IPL is representing india.. let me make this clear.. what IPL is doing doesn't represent what indian people thinks..and finally what low life politicians and government officials of pakistan and india think about this issue don't represent the opinion of average pakistani and indian people..So i have no idea was Sanz and other indian supporters are taking IPL's side and presenting the worst excuses ever.. the best one is the one that has mentioned about the terriorst attack on the same indian hotel in Mambia where the auction was taken.. he is somehow linking pakistani cricketers to the terrirost attack of 2008..this is similar to blameing Tigar Wood for the diseaster in Haiti.. Just because the guy slept with a couple of women.. he is responsible for the Haiti diseaster..I bet Sanz is going to come up with another rediclous excuse similar to this.
    No one here is supporting IPL because of it representing India. They are just telling you why it is not a safe ption depending on Pakistani players. Another terror attack and there will be no Pakistani cricketer in India and the team is left with one wasted slot. No wonder they preferred players from other countries.

What a load of bull ****. How many state sides in the Australian big bash had Pakistani players btw? It was a domestic T20 tournament that had slots for overseas players too. If the players were as 'god like' as some of the posts here claim to be, the teams should have surely played them in all games. The truth is, the players are awesome when they fire, but it is far too inconsistent and I don't see any player other than Umar Akmal and Afridi getting a consistent run in any side ahead of other national players. It was a fair business decision.

Skillful troll is skillful.

There's a lot of silly crap going on. However, to be fair, Pakistani politicians, already barking about discrimination, should realise they are least partially responisble themselves.

Pakistan (or rather, its politics) has built its own reputation of utter inreliability. From an IPL business perspective, there is simply a huge risk in spending your money on Pakistan players.

No IPL team would deny the arrival of Afridi. But being just one, relatively likely, brain fart away from a political dicission he cannot join your team, doesn't make things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aijaz Hussain Jakhrani, the federal sports minister of Pakistan
    I have phoned the sports minister of India and recorded a protest over the unjust and discriminatory treatment meted out to the Pakistani cricketers," Jakhrani told AFP. "The Pakistani ministries of sports, interior and foreign affairs had given political and security clearance to Pakistani players in time to play. It is indeed a matter of disrespect to…the champions of Twenty20 World Cup."
    Doesn't mr Jakhrani understand that when he, or any other official of the Pakistani ministries of sports, interior and foreign affairs, most people in the world don't trust them to uphold their word?

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Sanz in "cynically using the Mumbai tragedy as an excuse to spout bile at Pakistanis in general" shocker.
    An Aussie poster in "take everything out of context and forget common sense to bash Sanz" shocker..

FFS, try to learn some context.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Banned

Frankly I don't get this racist angle to all of this discussion. It evoked a guffaw, frankly, in me to read that inclusion of Wasim Akram would send up TRPs in Pakistan. First of all the TRPs from Pakistan during the last year's IPL, which was a great success was minimal. So Modi and his minions would not be much concerned about that. Secondly Wasim is in as a consultant to Kolkota knight riders so he won't be commentating. IPL is as Indian as the T20 Big Bash is Australian and to say it doesnt represent the will of Indians is just not right when you consider the TRPs and the following for individual teams in India.

International 12th Man

How would Indians practice racism towards Pakistanis? Even when you guys speak street Urdu* (or Punjabi, Sindhi with Indians who speak those languages) there isn't a good way of identifying you apart from Indians.

* as opposed to the extra-Arabic/Persian infused Urdu on Pakistani television.

Who cares about IPL, at some point I was rooting for ICL and at that time most of ICL players were from Pakistan. And you are right IPL doesn't represent Indian people and Indian democracy or whatever crap that is being uttered here about India. So next time you want to voice your anger about non selection of Pak Cricketers in IPL, Keep Indian Government, Indian people and Indian democracy out of it.

If you are going to bring all that then you know how the discussion is going to get. I have no intrest in discussing politics and terrorism with you or any of the Pakistani member here as long as you do not start the discussion and start throwing random accusations. And I do hear opinion of average Pakistani people, some of them are speaking here on the matter and it is mostly bull****. Not one of you has come up with any sensible post on the issue so far. Make some sane post and you will hear respectful response otherwise you hear what you deserve.

I am jsut appalled at the outrage by Pak members for something so trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Edged&Taken View Post
    once again from Afridi's Manager :

"[I]I'd heard prior to the auction that franchises were being advised not to bid for Pakistani players, as the players from Pakistan would not be issued with visas by the Indian government, and that is precisely what has happened" LINK

makes sense , the franchisees got a tip that the Indian Gov was not gonna issue the visa's , so they ignored the bids
    It begs the question, If he had already known that the Indian Govt was not going to grant Visas then why did he still allow Afridi to be part of the Auction ?

I think this post is a load of ****ing bull****. Attacking the post btw, not the poster.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information